Vizio TV remote makes access to every feature easier. However, problem occurs when the remote stops working.
This problem is not new…
There are some alternative methods to control Vizio TV functions without a remote. I have shared all possible ways you can follow to:
- Power on/off, scan channels, control volume, and perform many other functions manually.
To switch ON your Vizio Smart TV manually, you can use the buttons panel on the TV or install a Vizio mobile app on your smartphone. Some models can also be controlled with gaming consoles.
| READ NEXT: How To Connect Vizio TV to WiFi Without Remote
Ways To Turn ON Your Vizio Smart TV Without Using Remote
There are different ways to control Vizio TV without a remote, but I will share only those that worked for me.
Let’s get started and discuss each of them in detail.
1. Power ON Vizio TV Using Physical Button
First, you need to locate where is the Power button on your Vizio TV.
In most models, you will find this button at the back of the TV.
But you may also find it on the right side or underneath the screen, depending on your television model.
Once you find the Power button, hold the button for a second and release it to turn on Vizio TV.
| ALSO CHECK: How to Scan Vizio TV Channels Without Remote
2. Turning ON the TV Using Vizio Mobile App
Another method to switch ON and operate Vizio TV without a remote is by installing Vizio’s official remote application.
Here are the steps you need to follow for pairing the remote app:
- Switch ON your Vizio TV.
- Go to Playstore or the iOS app store and download the Vizio Mobile app on your smartphone.
Download for iOS — Download for Android
- Select the Pair My TV option and then tap on “Get Started.”
- Tap on your Vizio smart TV when its name appears on the screen.
- You will be asked to enter a pairing pin on your phone. It will be appearing on your TV screen as shown below:
- After successful pairing, remote control will appear on your screen.
- Tap the Power icon to Turn OFF the Vizio TV without a remote. You can again press the Power icon to switch ON your smart TV.
ALSO CHECK: How to update Vizio TV firmware.
3. Switching ON Vizio Smart TV Using PS4 or PS5
- Connect your PS4 or PS5 system to Vizio TV using an HDMI cable.
- Change the input source on PlayStation to Vizio Smart TV.
- Now, open your gaming console Settings and select the System option.
- Navigate down, select and enable the HDMI Device Link.
- Press the Power button on the PlayStation, and both the console and Vizio TV will turn off at the same time.
- Now turn ON the console, and your TV will also turn On automatically.
4. Switch ON Vizio Smart TV Using Nintendo Switch
- First, you must connect the Nintendo Switch to your Vizio TV using the doc.
- Open the Nintendo Switch Settings and select TV Settings.
- Enable the Match TV Power State feature.
- Now restart your Nintendo Switch. Your TV will turn OFF and On again along with the console.
How to increase the volume on Vizio TV without a remote?
To increase or decrease the volume on Vizio TV without a remote, you can use the Vizio mobile application or the physical buttons on the smart TV.
How to turn up the brightness on Vizio TV without a remote?
To manually increase the brightness of the Vizio TV, press the INPUT button on the TV and navigate to Picture Settings. Next, choose Brightness and adjust it according to your requirement.
Where is the power button on my Vizio TV?
The Power button Vizio TV is usually located at the back. From there, you can manually operate your Vizio smart TV.
You may like to check:
- How To Pair Vizio Remote To TV
- How to watch Crunchyroll on Vizio TV
- How to update YouTube app on Vizio TV
- How To exit demo mode on Vizio TV
Hope you will be to turn on Vizio smart TV without remote with our tried and tested tips. With the information shared, you can control all the Vizio TV functions manually. If you find any other method for Powering ON/OFF your TV, share it with us, and we will be glad to share it without our audience.