Browsing, gaming, streaming – all these and much more are impossible without a high-speed internet connection. It is very convenient to pick up your Hisense TV remote and connect your TV to the WiFi without any hassle.
But what if the TV remote is misplaced, broken, or not working? When you were about to connect Hisense smart TV to the internet.
This sounds like a big issue, but there is a quick solution. We will help you to get rid of the situation. You may also like to check how to reset Hisense TV without a remote.
To connect Hisense TV to WiFi without remote control, you can use the physical buttons on the TV or download the Hisense remote app.
4 Ways To Connect Your Hisense Smart TV To WiFi Without Using A Remote
Below we have shared various tricks we tried to connect the Hisense TV to the WiFi network! Use the one that seems most suitable to you.
1. Use Physical Buttons On Your Hisense Smart TV
Hisense TVs have built-in buttons to turn On/Off the TV and change the volume or channels. The location of the buttons varies due to the variations in the models. You can look for the buttons at the back or sides of the TV or check the TV’s manual.
By pressing the power button, you can turn the TV On. Now you can use it as a joystick to change the volume, go left and right, or turn the TV Off. Use these buttons to navigate the Hisense TV WiFi settings and connect your TV to WiFi.
2. Use A Smartphone With An Infrared Sensor
You can also use a Hisense TV remote app without WiFi on your smartphone.
Hisense TV has an infrared sensor that detects the inputs from the remote. So, you can work on the same lines and use your Android phone’s infrared sensor to control the TV.
Luckily, many Android phones have a built-in infrared sensor. So, if you have a mobile phone with an infrared blaster, the instructions below are for you!
- Download and install the MiRemote app on your mobile phone. This app supports a wide range of devices, from air conditioners to TVs.
- Now open the application and follow the on-screen instructions to get started. Once your virtual remote is all set to navigate the settings, connect your TV to WiFi by going to the Network settings.
3. Use A Wireless/USB Keyboard Or Mouse
Controlling and connecting your Hisense TV to WiFi via a wireless keyboard or mouse is very easy.
Here is a detailed explanation.
- By using the manual power button on the Hisense TV, turn your TV On.
- Insert the USB adapter of your keyboard or mouse into the TV.
- Now the mouse is connected, you can use it. Click on ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Network’.
- From the drop-down menu, click on ‘Network Configuration’.
- Select the network you want to connect your TV and enter the password.
- Click on ‘Connect’.
4. Use A Wired Connection
For this, you will need the following:
- An ethernet cable to connect your TV to the router.
- Hisense RemoteNow app on your mobile phone.
Follow these steps and connect your Hisense TV to the internet connection without a remote.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the TV LAN port and the other to the router’s LAN port.
- Press the power button on your TV panel and turn the TV On.
- Connect your smartphone to the WiFi network.
- Download and install the RemoteNow app on your smartphone.
- When the app is installed, you can use your mobile phone as a virtual remote to control your TV and navigate settings.
- So, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Network’ -> ‘Network Configuration’ -> click on your desired network and ‘Connect’.
- Unplug the ethernet cable when the prompt says your TV is now connected to the WiFi.
Note: This method applies only to the Hisense TV with a LAN port.
Connecting Hisense Roku Smart TV To WiFi Without Using Remote?
To connect Hisense Roku TV to WiFi without remote, you can use physical buttons on the TV, use Roku mobile app for iPhone/Android smartphone, or get wired connectivity. Below I will discuss each solution in detail.
| NOTE: Get a Roku Voice Remote to make things easier for you.
1. Using Roku App For WiFi Connectivity
You can control your Hisense TV with your mobile phone by installing the Roku remote app on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
Ensure that your phone and TV connected to the same WiFi network to use the virtual remote.
A. WiFi Connectivity Using Your Android Phone
- Download and install The Roku App on your Android phone from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app. Select the option ‘Devices’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Select ‘Add a Device’
- Here, you will see all the available devices, including your Hisense Roku TV.
- Select your TV name.
- You will see a pin code on your TV screen. Enter that code on your smartphone.
- Now, your Android phone is connected to your TV.
- Use your phone to navigate to Settings -> Network -> Wireless -> Select your WiFi and enter the password to connect your Hisense Roku TV to WiFi.
B. WiFi Connectivity Using Your iPhone
- For your iPhone, download The Roku App from the Apple store.
- After installation, search for your Roku device name in the app and connect it.
- After connecting your iPhone to your Roku TV, you willl see a remote on your mobile screen.
- Now go to your Roku TV Settings -> Network -> Wireless and connect your TV to a WiFi network.
Our Recommendation – Use A Universal Remote For Hisense TV
In order to hook up Hisense TV to WiFi, you can buy a universal remote if the previous one is damaged or lost. Using Hisense TV without a remote can be tricky.
We recommend you select the best universal remote for Hisense TV from the available options in the market.
Universal remotes make it easier for you to control your TV and are compatible with several devices.
So, it becomes effortless for you to manage multiple devices with one remote. We found GE and RCA universal remote that works well with Hisense TV.
You may also like to check out the following:
How To Set Up Your Hisense TV Without Remote?
You can use multiple tricks to run your Hisense TV without a remote. These are:
- Operate and navigate the settings of your Hisense TV with the physical buttons on its panel.
- Use a wireless keyboard or mouse by connecting its USB adapter to the USB port of your Hisense TV.
- Use your mobile phone’s IR blaster and get a virtual remote by downloading the MiRemote app.
Can I Connect My Phone To My Hisense TV Without WiFi?
Yes, you can connect your phone to Hisense TV without WiFi. If your Android phone has an IR blaster feature in it, you can conveniently manage all your devices (including Hisense TV) that are operated by the IR remotes.
Check your phone’s manual or search the model specifications online to know if your phone has an IR blaster. Then download and install the MiRemote app, and by following the on-screen instructions, get started controlling your Hisense TV.
The above-mentioned alternate methods to connect Hisense TV to WiFi without remote are helpful. Whether you have lost the remote, broke it, or want to enjoy some extra features and convenience by using other devices, these tricks are useful in all manners. You can manually control your TV from its physical buttons or go for our recommended universal remote to manage multiple devices along with your Hisense TV.