Is your RCA TV acting abnormally after the firmware upgrade or has any other problem? Factory reset RCA TV to quickly fix the issue.
Being known as one of the most reliable TV brands can also run into some problems occasionally. Some of the commonly reported issues include screen freezing, black screen, not responding to the remote control, and video getting scrambled while the sound is still there.
Usually, these are just random software-related glitches and can be fixed by performing a reset. You must always begin with soft resetting your RCA TV. It is very simple just unplug all the cables, hold the “Power” button for a minute and release it, leave it for 30 minutes, and plug it back in. You can also check out the RCA universal remote codes for Roku.
You can reset RCA TV to factory settings from the “Options” menu. In this menu, you will find a “Reset” option, select and confirm it to restore your RCA TV to default settings. This is tried and tested method and worked for many users.
Table of Contents
How To Reset RCA TV With and Without Remote 
Below you will find two different methods to reset RCA smart TV or an LED TV. You can try any of them, both will provide you desired results. Without further ado, let’s start:
The hard reset has one side effect. Doing so will result in the removal of everything from the TV including stored passwords, installed apps, and custom settings. Even though it’ll cost you all the downloaded apps but will solve all software-related glitches in the appliance. Here’s the best way to factory reset your TV:
- First, turn on your RCA TV by pressing the remote’s “Power” button.
- Now, locate and press the “Menu” button on the remote.
- A list of options will appear on your TV screen, scroll down and open “Options”.
- You’ll see several options; scroll down and select the “Reset” option.
- Lastly, select “Yes/OK” to confirm the factory reset.
After a few minutes, your RCA TV will reboot, and a setup screen will appear. Once this happens, your RCA TV will restore to default settings. Now, you’ll have to set up the TV from scratch.
Factory Reset RCA TV Without Remote
Generally, non-smart RCA TVs don’t have any reset button. So, in case you don’t have your RCA TV remote, you will need to use the buttons present on the side or beneath the screen of your TV in order to perform a factory reset. Here’s how you can hard reset an RCA TV without a remote:
- Turn on your RCA TV by pressing the “Power” button on the TV.
- Now, locate the “Menu” button and press it.
- The TV menu/main menu will show up on the screen.
- Now use the “Volume up” button to navigate through the menu.
- Locate the “Options” option and select it by pressing the “Channel +” button.
- In the sub-menu, you need to select the “Reset” option and press the “Channel +” button to select it.
- Lastly, you need to confirm the factory reset by selecting the “Yes/OK” option.
Wait for the TV to reboot, and the TV will be back reset to its factory settings.
Earlier we shared:
Factory Reset RCA Roku TV/Smart TV With Remote
Most of the recent RCA TV models have their “firmware” provided by Roku. Even though most settings of RCA Roku TV are the same as a normal RCA TV but performing a factory reset on these TVs differs by a few steps. Here are the steps you need to follow to reset the Roku TV of RCA:
- Turn on your RCA Roku TV.
- Now, press the “Home” button on the RCA Roku TV remote to access the “Menu.”
- Scroll down in the menu and enter “Settings” by pressing the “Right Arrow Key” on the remote.
- Navigate and locate the “System” option and press the right arrow key to open it.
- Scroll all the way down through this menu, and open the “Advanced System Settings” option.
- Here you’ll find the “Factory Reset” option; open it.
- You’ll see two reset options here: “Reset TV Audio/Picture Settings” and “Factory Reset Everything.”
- If the TV is only having issues with pictures or audio, the first option will work fine. However, if that’s not the solution to your problem, go with “Factory Reset Everything.”
- After opening the “Factory Reset Everything” option, you need to confirm the reset by entering your TV pin code.
- Upon entering the pin code, the reset process will begin and on completion, the TV will reboot. Once it turns on again, your RCA TV will be restored to the factory settings.
Factory Reset RCA Roku TV Without Remote
As we mentioned earlier, the RCA Roku TVs area is a bit different from non-smart RCA TVs. to perform a factory reset on RCA Roku TV without a remote, follow these steps:
- Switch ON your TV manually by pressing the “Power” button.
- First, you need to locate the reset button on the TV. Typically, it is present alongside the HDMI ports at the backside of the TV.
- For some RCA Roku TVs, this button can be pressed with a finger, while for others, you’ll need a toothpick or an unwinded paperclip to press it.
- Once you have found the “Reset” button, press and hold the button for around 10 seconds. Don’t release the button when your screen goes blank.
- Release the button when the “Roku” logo appears on the screen.
- After that, you’ll need to set up the TV again as all the data will be removed from your RCA TV.
RCA, a well-known TV manufacturing brand once famous for manufacturing the best TVs in America, has lost most of its limelight over the years. Now manufactured by a Canadian company, Curtis International, many people proved to be loyal customers and still use RCA TVs. The television may face different issues from time to time that can be quickly fixed by performing a reset. RCA TVs are easy to reset, and the consumers get to choose among different options depending on the type of issue and its impact on the TV. With the deletion of all the data stored in your TV, eliminating most issues is guaranteed. However, if the problems persist, it’s never too late to get professional help, as sometimes, it’s the backlight that’s causing problems, and you may need to replace it.