Reset Netflix on Smart TV of any brand and instantly fix issues like app crashing, freezing, and many other errors that are disturbing you.
Isn’t it infuriating when you are watching your favorite Netflix show and the app just stops working? It can be due to error UI-800-3, NW-2-5, 1023 Android, or a message saying Netflix has encountered an error.
These are common issues, and almost everyone faces them at some point. So, what can one do to fix Netflix errors? Simply reset Netflix on Smart TV, and it’ll start working perfectly again! You may also like to learn how to get Netflix on non-smart TV or watch Crunchyroll on Vizio TV.
Table of Contents
How To Reset Netflix On Smart TV Fix Freezing, Not Loading or Responding 
To reset Netflix on your Android TV and fix its issues, you’ll need to follow the steps below.
Note: This method will work for almost every smart TV; however, the names of the options may differ.
- Power on your Smart TV.
- Now go to its settings. In some TVs, the settings option can be opened by clicking on the “gear icon” present on the home screen. While for others, you’ll have to press the “Menu” or “Settings” button on the remote.
- Once you have entered the settings, you need to go to the “Apps” option.
- Scroll through the apps, locate “Netflix,” and press ok.
- Now, you have three options; you can clear the cache, clear data, or force stop the app.
- However, if clearing the cache didn’t help, clear the app data. This will log you out of Netflix and reset the app.
Recommended VPN For Netflix
30-days money-back guarantee
- You should only use the “Force stop” option if the app keeps lagging or has frozen.
You can also uninstall the updates because, at times, an update doesn’t sit well with the TV model you use. To do that, you simply need to enter the “Uninstall Updates” option present in the same submenu.
Netflix On Smart TVs – Troubleshooting
If Netflix isn’t working on your smart TV but works on the phone, or it keeps stopping on your TV, try these troubleshooting tips instead of resetting the app.
Troubleshooting Samsung Smart TVs
At times, Samsung TV users complain about Netflix freezing and not being able to select a profile on it. For this, the solution is to soft reset Samsung TV. simply follow the steps below, and you’re good to go:
- Turn Off your smart TV and unplug the adapter from the socket.
- Now press and release the “Power” button on your TV – don’t hold it.
- After that, wait for a minute and then plug the adapter back into the socket.
- Turn on your TV and enjoy Netflix.
If Netflix stops working only when you try to play something, you will have to follow a different method to fix it.
- Go to the “More Details” option on your Netflix home screen.
- Now scroll down, and you’ll see the “Sign Out” option. Select it and press OK.
If you can’t sign out of Netflix on your Samsung smart TV, press these buttons in the given order:
Up > Up > Down > Down > Left > Right > Left > Right > Up > Up > Up > Up. A menu will appear on the screen. Depending on the model of your Samsung TV, select and enter “Sign out,” “Reset,” or “Deactivate.”
Troubleshooting For Sony Smart TVs
In Sony smart TVs, the problem occurs when the application hasn’t been updated. So, in order to solve this problem, update Netflix on your Sony TV by following the steps below:
- From your TV’s home menu, enter “Apps.”
- Now, you need to enter the “Google Play Store” app and scroll to the “My Apps” option.
- From My Apps, select “Netflix” and click on “Update.”
Note: if you don’t see Netflix in the top row, then no update is available.
Why is Netflix not working on your Smart TV?
There are two possibilities why Netflix isn’t working on your smart TV. First, your Tv has some information stored in it that’s stopping the app from running. To solve this issue, you need to clear the app’s cached data from your TV. Secondly, your TV doesn’t support the streaming service, and for that, you’ll need to get a third-party streaming device or just get a TV that supports such apps.
How do you restart Netflix?
In order to restart your Netflix account, you need to sign in to your account. Go to your profile and select the “Restart Your Membership” option. Remember, you can’t perform this action by entering a kid’s profile.
What happens if you reset Netflix?
When you reset the Netflix app, it will delete all the downloaded shows and movies. This is because you have clear cached data and other app data of Netflix when resetting the app.
Why is my Netflix suddenly not working?
If your Netflix has stopped working suddenly then you need to check your internet connection. If it is not a network connection problem then there must be an issue with your account or device.
Why is Netflix not working on Roku TV?
To fix any Netflix-related issue on your Roku TV, try the following things one by one:
- Turn OFF your Roku TV and switch it back ON after 60 seconds.
- Switch OFF your streaming device and unplug all the cables. Turn it ON after one minute.
- Update Netflix to the latest version.
- Delete and again download and install the Netflix app on Roku TV.
How do I fix Netflix server error NW-2-5?
This error is related to network connectivity. Here are some quick fixes to get rid of Netflix server errors:
- Check your internet connection
- Check if your network can play Netflix
- Restart your device
- Restart your home network
- Contact your internet service provider
We hope you will be able to fix all the issues and glitches you are facing by resetting Netflix on your Smart TV. We can understand it can be a struggle to enjoy watching your favorite Netflix show or movie on the TV, especially when the app keeps stopping or crashing. So, if you want to get solve these issues, follow the methods we have shared in this guide. After resetting Netflix on your phone or Smart TV you won’t face any screen flickering, freezing, or any issue that says Netflix has encountered an error. If still, you face any problems, feel free to write to us in the comments box.