One quick fix for YouTube error 400, screen stuck, and Wi-Fi disconnection is to factory reset LG TV. We will guide you to do it easily.
LG smart TVs are generally great to use; however, downloading some malicious applications on these TVs can really mess up all the settings. In some situations, LG Smart TV starts crashing and rebooting and has a blank screen as well. Most of the time, a reset can fix the issue. A few of the issues that a reset can solve are blank screen, app crashing, and Wi-Fi connectivity issues. So, if you are facing some similar problem with your LG Smart TV, you can try any of the following reset methods to solve it.
This is what we did to factory reset LG smart TV. You need to open the SUPPORT section, which has a resetting option, select it and the reset process will start.
[su_quote]If you have a WebOS TV, then you must check this guide on how to reset Reset LG WebOS TV.[/su_quote]
Table of Contents
How To Reset LG TV [With & Without Remote] – 2023
A soft reset mostly solves minor problems, and a factory reset is not required. However, you will need to hard reset LG TV at times because some issues can only be solved once you restore LG TV to default settings.
Soft Reset LG TV
Most television sets do not allow the users to perform a soft reset with a remote. However, LG Smart TV wins this race, and you can soft reset it even with the remote. You simply need to press and hold down the “OK” button for at least five seconds or until the TV reboots.
How To Reset LG TV with Remote
- Grab the LG TV remote, locate the “Gear” icon button, and press it. This will open the “Menu”.
- In the “MENU,” navigate down to the “SETTINGS/ALL SETTINGS” option and press OK to open it. This will open a new menu with different options.
- After this, you need to select the “SUPPORT” option from the drop-down menu. If the “support” option isn’t available in your settings, you can skip to the next step.
- Press the down arrow key on the remote till you reach the “GENERAL” option, press the right arrow key to open a sub-menu.
- Now, scroll down till you reach the “Reset to Initial Settings”, select and press “OK” to initiate a factory reset.
- A warning message will appear on your screen saying “all the customized settings and applications will be removed” you need to press “OK”.
- Your TV will reboot and will take a couple of minutes to complete the process.
For those who have set a password on their LG TV, you will be required to enter that password to initiate the factory reset. If you don’t know the password, you can try LG default pin codes, which are 0000 (4 zeroes) or 1234.
Lastly, if the default pins are not working either, check the pin code for your LG TV model in the user manual or on the official LG TV website. You can follow the same steps to reset LG nano cell tv.
Soft Reset LG TV without Remote
If you don’t have remote control of the LG smart TV, don’t worry you can reset the television. Below are the steps you need to follow to power reset LG TV without a remote:
- Switch OFF your TV
- Unplug the AC power cord
- Press the “POWER” button located underneath the LG logo on the front. OR you will find it at the back of the screen in some models.
- Hold it for approx. 10 seconds and the TV will reset.
Factory Reset LG TV Without Remote
Don’t have a remote, and your LG TV needs a factory reset? Don’t you worry! You can do it without a remote. The method to factory reset a TV without a remote is similar to resetting the TV with a remote. You will need to use the control panel present on the TV instead of the remote. Here’s what you need to do:
- Press the “MENU” button on the LG smart TV.
- Now, navigate down to the “SETTINGS” option and press “ENTER” to open it.
- After that, just like you do with a remote, look for the “GENERAL” option and then the “Reset to Initial Settings” option.
- Now, the factory reset will start; however, you need to follow the prompts that pop up in the warning boxes.
- Lastly, you will have to enter the password to confirm the factory reset, and soon the TV will restore its original settings.
Once again, if you don’t have any password set, enter the default passwords; 0000 or 1234.
Reset LG TV Without Password
Many users often forget the password or pin code of their LG Smart TV. For normal use, it’s not an issue; however, when you need to reset LG TV, the password is required. Now the problem is that you cannot remove the password from your LG TV, but you can reset it and set a new one. If you want to reset the password, here’s what you need to do:
- Press the “GEAR” icon on the LG TV remote to open the “MENU”.
- From the opened menu navigate downward and choose “SETTINGS/ALL SETTINGS”. Press “OK” to open it.
- Scroll down and select “SAFETY”. Press the right arrow key on the remote to open it.
- This step depends upon the model of LG smart TV you have. So, follow it carefully. Highlight the “TV PROGRAM LOCK” or “RESET PASSWORD” option with the remote’s arrow key. DO NOT PRESS OK BUTTON.
- Now, press the following buttons on your remote in sequence: “Channel Up” twice, then “Channel Down” once, and “Channel Up” once again.
- After entering the mentioned command, a dialog box will appear on your screen saying enter the “MASTER PIN CODE” or “MASTER PASSWORD”.
- Now, you need to enter “0313” or “0325” in the dialog box that appears on the screen and hit the “ENTER” button.
- Open the “RESET PASSWORD” by pressing the “OK” button on your remote.
Navigate down and open the “RESET PIN CODE” option.
- In the next dialog box enter the default LG smart TV password which is “0000.”
- After this, you will be able to set a new password.
This new password can be used to perform the factory reset that we mentioned earlier in this article. Make sure you note down this new password somewhere, so you don’t have to go through the whole thing again.
Earlier we posted:
LG TVs are extremely simple to use, and resetting them is a piece of cake when done properly. If your LG smart TV is also running into troubles, such as a black screen or blinking, you should go for a factory reset. However, if the TV wouldn’t turn on at all, go for a soft reset and let the TV turn on before performing a factory reset. Another thing that one must do before performing a factory reset is to check the power source of the TV. Sometimes the adapter isn’t plugged in properly, and people mistake it for some internal issue. Lastly, we hope that this article must have been helpful to you.