Crunchyroll cannot be directly played on Vizio TV, but don’t worry I will share some secret methods by which you can get Crunchyroll on Vizio TV.
As an anime fan, you must use Crunchyroll to stream your favorite shows and movies. With that being said, you may also want to stream those anime shows and movies on a bigger screen because a mobile phone or tablet screen isn’t always enough. Also learn how to fix Crunchyroll subtitles not working.
You must be wondering if you can get Crunchyroll on Vizio TV. Actually, you can’t download the app on your Vizio TV, but there are some other ways by which you can watch Crunchyroll on your Vizio Smart TV.
How To Get Crunchyroll on Vizio TV [Quick Steps]
Depending upon the type of device you have, you can choose any of the given methods to live stream the Crunchyroll on Vizio television.
Download Crunchyroll On Vizio Smart TV Using Apple Airplay
For those who use iOS devices, it’s easy to stream the app on a Vizio Smart TV. iPhones and iPads have the AirPlay option, and that’s exactly what’ll help you watch your favorite anime shows and films on Vizio TV. here’s what you need to do:
- First, connect your iOS device and Vizio Smart TV to the same WiFi connection.
- Install the Crunchyroll app on your iOS device.
- Log in to your Crunchyroll account using your credentials.
- Play your desired movie or show on the app
- Now, you need to select the AirPlay option.
- In the available devices, select your Vizio smart TV, and in a few seconds, the content will start playing on the TV as well.
Watch Crunchyroll On Vizio Smart TV Using Chromecast
Here is another method for Android users following which you can cast Crunchyroll from your android device (phone/tablet) on your Vizio smart TV. For this method you will need Google Chromecast device.
- Download the Crunchyroll application on your android device (or iOS device).
- Now you need to log in using the Crunchyroll credentials.
- Ensure that the TV and your phone or tablet are connected to the same Wifi connection.
- Play the desired video (movie or show) and then tap on the “Google Cast” or “Chromecast” icon.
- The app will scan for available compatible devices, select Vizio Smart TV, and the content will start mirroring on it.
Install Crunchyroll App On Vizio Smart TV Using Amazon Firestick
If you are an Amazon Firestick user, you can also enjoy watching Crunchyroll, by using an alternate way and an add-on. Here’s how to do it:
- Plugin the Amazon Firestick into your Vizio Smart TV’s HDMI port.
- Ensure that your Vizio TV has a stable internet connection.
- Now using the Firestick remote, enter the “Firestick Home screen” and select the search option.
- Tap in “Crunchyroll” in the search bar, and once you find the application hit the “Download” option.
- The app will be installed on your TV; launch it, log in and enjoy!
By following the suggested methods, you can live stream any channel on Vizio Smart TV.
Can I get Crunchyroll on my Vizio?
There is no native app of Crunchyroll for Vizio TVs, but you can still watch it on your TV by using the screen mirroring method.
How do I know If my Vizio TV has Chromecast?
Some Vizio TV models come with a built-in Chromecast, which means you don’t need a Google Chromecast device in order to cast Crunchyroll on your Vizio smart TV.
To check whether your Vizio TV has a built-in Chromecast, you need to see if your Vizio TV has Wifi or internet connection options available. Being able to enable Wifi means your Vizio TV supports all the smart functions, including SmartCast and Chromecast.
You can also look for your Vizio TV model on the internet and get the answer to your question. Not just that another easy way to determine your TV’s Chromecast compatibility is to go through its user manual.
How To Install 3rd Party Apps On Vizio Smart TV?
To download third-party applications, you’ll need a streaming device, for example, Amazon Fire Stick, Nvidia Shield TV, and Roku. Simply plug the streaming device into the HDMI port of your Vizio smart TV and press the “Input” button on the remote. Now, you can easily download any app from the Google Play Store on your Vizio smart TV.
Does Crunchyroll Support All Smart TVs?
Smart TVs offer consumers the option to download and enjoy most streaming applications, including Disney+. Amazon Prime Video, and Netflix. However, Crunchyroll, despite being a famous streaming app, doesn’t support many smart TV brands.
The application is available for some selected smart TVs, including Roku TVs. On the other hand, it’s also available for smart TV add-ons, including the Apple TV and Amazon Firestick.
Apparently, Crunchyroll did have apps for several smart TVs; however, they were removed later on, and the people who used that app didn’t have a nice experience either.
However, we have some good news. Sony has bought Crunchyroll, and now the company is planning to merge its anime streaming service “Funimation” with “Crunchyroll,” which might be a sign that the application will soon be available for almost all smart TVs.
We hope that this guide will turn out to be helpful and that you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite anime shows and films on your Vizio Smart TV. Right now, mirroring your phone or tablet’s screen on your TV is the best option to enjoy Crunchyroll, but we hope that the app will be made available for Vizio TVs soon.