If you are looking for a quick fix for the Samsung TV not connecting to WiFi, app crashing, rebooting, etc. Factory reset Samsung TV and get rid of them.
When nothing gets your Samsung TV to work again, a reset will work like a charm. There have been many incidents where the Samsung TV had some issues like distorted image, no sound, or stopped responding to the remote, app crashing, and any other kind of input. All these issues are normal, and most of the time, it only takes a reset for the TV to be back to normal.
If you’re also facing some problems with your TV, here’s a complete guide that’ll help you to clear the cache of the Samsung TV and reset it to factory settings. You may also love to learn: how to watch Crunchyroll on Samsung TV.
Table of Contents
How To Reset Samsung TV With Remote 
When you factory reset your Samsung smart TV, it restores all the TV settings to the original settings. However, it will not affect the network settings. So, if you want a complete do-over, follow the steps below:
- Power on your Samsung TV.
- Get your Samsung TV remote control and press the “Menu” button.
- Once the TV menu appears on the screen, scroll down, select “Support,” and press the “Right arrow” button.
- Next, select and enter the “Self Diagnosis” option.
- Now, select the “Reset” option and press the centre button of the directional pad on the remote.
- The TV will ask you for the PIN. If you’ve set a custom PIN, enter it; however, if you haven’t set any, simply enter the default PIN, which is 0000.
- A pop-up message box will appear asking whether you want to restore your TV to default settings or not. Select “Yes” and press OK.
- After this, the factory reset will initiate, and the whole process will take a couple of minutes.
- Lastly, you’ll have to set up your Samsung TV from scratch, and you’re good to go.
If the steps mentioned in the first method are not compatible with your Samsung TV, there’s nothing to worry about. Here’s another method that you should try on your Samsung TV:
- Press the “Settings” button on the remote.
- Once you’ve entered the TV menu, scroll down to the “General” option and press the “Right arrow” button.
- Here, locate the “Reset” option and press OK.
- The TV will ask you for the PIN. Enter any custom PIN if you have set any; otherwise, simply enter the default PIN, which is 0000.
- Lastly, confirm the reset by selecting the “Reset” option and pressing OK.
- Your Samsung TV will reboot, and after a couple of minutes, all your Samsung TV settings will be restored to factory settings.
Factory Reset Samsung Smart TV Without Remote
If you have somehow broken your Samsung TV remote and can’t find a replacement, you might not be able to reset it. This is because Samsung TVs do not feature a reset button, and the button panel on the TV is extremely restrictive.
So, what to do in such situations? Don’t worry; because you can still navigate and reset your Samsung TV without a remote.
First of all, you can use a USB keyboard! Both wired and wireless keyboards can be attached to any Samsung TV.
Once you have connected the keyboard, you can enter the settings and follow all the steps to restore your Samsung TV to its original settings.
If that isn’t a helpful solution, you can get the Samsung Smart Things App on your phone. But there’s a problem with using this app as a remote.
If you have never used the Smart Things app for navigating through your TV while you still have the remote control, you won’t be able to connect it to your TV. This is because you need to allow the app to control your TV, and you need to confirm it using a remote.
So, if you don’t have the app connected to your TV, attach a keyboard to your TV for a while and remove it after you have allowed the app to control the TV.
FAQs Samsung TV
Why can’t I reset my Samsung Smart TV?
Sometimes, Samsung TV consumers complain about not being able to reset their Samsung Smart TV because the reset option is greyed out. This issue occurs when you try to access the reset option while another app is running in the background. Just locate and press the “Exit” button on the remote and then open the settings; the option will now be available to use.
How do I soft reset my Samsung TV?
To soft reset, your Samsung TV, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold down the “Power” button on the remote until the TV turns off.
- Wait for at least thirty seconds and press the power button again to turn on the TV, and that’s it.
How do I reboot my Samsung Smart TV without the remote?
In order to reboot your Samsung Smart TV, simply unplug its power adapter from the power source. Now, press the “Power” button and while still holding it, plug the adapter back into the socket. Lastly, release the power button, and your TV will reboot.
How do I fix the black screen of death on my Samsung TV?
In order to get rid of the black screen of death on your Samsung TV, you can try doing a soft reset. A soft reset will most likely solve the issue. However, if that doesn’t help, try rebooting your Samsung TV. Apart from this, you should also check the power cable and see whether it’s connected properly or not.
Earlier we shared: How To Factory Reset JVC TV
Samsung TVs are very easy to use, and resetting them is even easier; all you need to do is follow the steps carefully. We are sure that resetting your Samsung TV will solve most problems. However, it’s possible that some issues might persist. It can be because of some software failure or some other issue. If that is the case and reset didn’t help at all, make sure you get in contact with Samsung customer support as soon as possible. If your TV’s warranty is still intact, that’s awesome; if not, you can still get help from Samsung customer care.