It’s not that hard to factory reset Panasonic TV if you properly follow the instructions given on this page. Sometimes resetting becomes important to get rid of a frustrating issue.
The problem might be the way you are trying to do it. But don’t worry, we will tell you everything about restoring Panasonic TV to default settings with and without a remote. Not just that, we will also discuss the types of Panasonic TV reset.
To factory reset Panasonic TV you need to access the “System” settings which have an option of “Reset”. For details follow the step-by-step instructions given below.
How To Reset Panasonic TV To Factory Settings
You can perform a factory reset on a Panasonic smart TV effortlessly by using a remote control. It can be done without a remote but the method is a bit time-consuming. We will cover both methods and you can pick one as per your situation.
- Locate the “MENU” button on the remote and press it.
- A menu will open up on the TV, navigate down to select the “SETUP” option and then press the “OK” button on the remote.
- This will open another menu on the screen, and you need to select “SYSTEM” here and press OK.
- In the “SYSTEM” menu, you will see the “FACTORY DEFAULTS” options. Select it and press OK.
- A popup or a new screen will appear saying, “All tuned data will be erased.” Press “YES” to factory reset your Panasonic TV.
The factory reset will take a few minutes to complete. Once done, you can go on with setting up your Panasonic TV again.
Remember that, by performing the factory reset, all the customized TV settings, recordings, tuned channels, applications that you have installed, or Wi-Fi passwords will be lost.
Echo Show 15 Smart Display with Built-in Alexa and Fire TV
Factory Reset Panasonic TV Without A Remote
You will need someone else to help you out with a factory reset without a remote because it can be difficult to perform it alone, especially if the electric socket is far away.
You need to turn off the Panasonic TV for a factory reset as well, but not by holding down the power button.
- For a factory reset, you need to unplug the AC power cord of your Panasonic TV. The TV will be turned off.
- Now, you will have to press and hold the “POWER BUTTON” and the “VOLUME DOWN” buttons simultaneously.
- While holding both buttons, ask your helper to plug the AC power cord back into the electric socket.
- Keep holding the buttons, even after the Panasonic TV is turned on. You need to hold them and wait until the “Erasing Screen” shows up on the screen.
- Once the erasing screen shows up, you can simply use the buttons present on your TV’s hardware to select what to keep and what not to keep before pressing OK for the factory reset.
Panasonic Viera Plasma TV, Panasonic Viera Smart TV, and other latest models will have almost the same process to follow in order to perform both soft and hard reset.
Soft Reset Panasonic TV
A soft reset is sometimes known as a power cycle, so don’t be confused about it. To soft reset, Panasonic TV without a remote, make sure you follow the steps mentioned above and turn off the TV. Here’s what you need to do next:
Method # 1
- Once the Panasonic TV is turned off, you simply need to unplug both sides of its power adapter. This way, all the leftover electric current present in the cable will be drained.
- Once you have unplugged the cable, wait for at least ten minutes, so all the electricity is completely drained from the Panasonic TV as well.
- Now, plug the adapter’s both sides, and that’s it.
Method # 2
For some Panasonic TV models, the first method might not work. If that’s the case, you can try this method as well:
- For resetting the TV without a remote, you will need to locate the “Power Button.”
- Once you find the button, hold it down for a few seconds.
- The Panasonic TV will be turned off automatically.
Once the TV is turned off, you can perform either a soft reset or a factory reset. Below we have discussed both methods in detail.
If you soft reset Panasonic TV, the stored data or any installed applications wouldn’t be lost. You can carry on using your Panasonic TV as usual.
How To Reset An Older Panasonic TV Without Remote
The above-mentioned methods are suitable for the latest models of Panasonic TVs and they might not work for some older models. For such television sets, you need to follow these steps:
- Older Panasonic TVs have a few buttons right beneath the screen. You need to press any of them to get the Panasonic TV out of “Standby mode”. If it is turned off, you need to switch ON the television by pressing the “POWER” button.
- In the same row of buttons, you’ll see a button with the letter “F” scraped on it. That is called the “FUNCTION BUTTON.” Press the “FUNCTION” and the “VOLUME DOWN” buttons simultaneously and hold them down for a few seconds.
- When you do this, the Panasonic TV will directly restart and automatically reboot.
- Once done, the TV will turn on again on its own.
Not having the remote of any model of Panasonic TV shouldn’t be a problem when resetting it. Simply follow all the mentioned steps, and you are good to go! We hope that this guide would’ve helped you reset your Panasonic TV and get rid of any problem that could only be solved by resetting your Panasonic TV.