To Reset JVC TV go to SETTINGS and select the STORAGE AND RESET option to restore our TV to default settings. Keep reading to learn more methods.
When it comes to TV sets, JVC has had its fair share in providing consumers with good-quality televisions over the years. The company manufactures LED, smart, and Android TVs, and you can find the desired JVC TV in almost all shapes and sizes.
If you are here, we assume you must be having some problem with your JVC TV. It can be anything from a black screen to being stuck on USB mode or not responding to the remote. Honestly, you don’t have to be an expert to solve these stubborn glitches; performing a factory reset on JVC TV is the best way to fix them.
How To Reset JVC TV With Remote 
You don’t always need to get professional help for fixing minor TV issues, and knowing how to restore your JVC TV to its default settings can actually save you a lot of time and money. Here’s how you can restore your JVC television to factory settings.
Factory Reset JVC TV With Remote
- First of all, turn on your JVC TV using the remote.
- Now press the “Menu” button on the remote. A list of options will appear on your TV screen.
- Select the “Setting/Gear Icon” option from the menu and press “OK” on the remote.
Note: You can also press the “Home” button on your remote and select the “Settings” option that is typically present in the lower-left corner of the home screen of your JVC TV.
- Scroll down and select the “Storage & Reset” option in the settings, and press “OK.”
- In the sub-menu, you will find two options;
Reset [will clear the storage]
Factory data reset. [will wipe all data and bring it to original factory settings]
- Select the “Factory data reset” option and press “OK” to confirm.
- Once you confirm the factory reset, the reset will initiate, and it’ll remove all data from your JVC TV.
After a reboot, your TV will be reset, it’ll be restored to its default settings, and you will need to set it up just like your brand new TV.
Reset JVC TV Without Remote
Now, if you are someone like me and have lost or broken your JVC TV remote, then you must be wondering how to reset JVC TV to its default settings without a remote.
The method is a bit complicated, but if you follow all the steps properly, it’ll remove all the data from your JVC TV without even using the remote. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, unplug the AC adapter of your JVC TV.
- Now, wait for at least 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds, plug the adapter back into the electric socket.
- Now, locate the JVC TV control panel; you will find it on the back or side of the TV.
- You need to press and hold the “Menu” and “Volume down” buttons.
- While you are still holding these two buttons, press the “Power” button as well.
- First, let go of the “Power” button only. Keep holding the Volume down and Menu buttons.
- Wait for five seconds, and then release the rest of the buttons as well.
- Once you have released all the buttons, you’ll see the “Blue Power LED” of your JVC has turned on.
- Wait for 30 seconds and see if this light stays on.
- After this, you can turn on the TV and set it up from scratch.
When you follow these steps, you will be able to restore your JVC TV back to its default settings and get rid of any persisting issues. Especially if your JVC TV keeps restarting on its own, you should go for a factory reset.
What To Do When The JVC TV Remote Stops Working?
At times the problem isn’t in the television; instead, it’s the remote that stops working. However, fixing a JVC TV remote is pretty easy unless it’s broken. Before you do anything else, ensure that you have tried changing batteries; it’s possible that the older batteries died, and that’s why the remote stopped working.
But if you have tried changing batteries but it wasn’t of any help, here are some methods of fixing the remote that you can follow:
Method # 1
- For this method, you need to remove the batteries from your JVC TV remote completely.
- Next, unplug the TV’s AC adapter and keep it unplugged for 60 seconds.
- After 60 seconds, plug the adapter back in and also put the batteries in the remote control.
- Now, you can turn on the TV and check the remote.
If this first method doesn’t help, move on to the next one.
Method # 2
Sometimes dirt can get stuck under the remote buttons, which stops them from functioning. In order to remove them, follow these steps:
- Take the batteries out of the remote control.
- Now, you need to press all the buttons on the remote at least twice.
- This will loosen any dirt stuck inside, and the remote will probably start working again.
If this method doesn’t help either, the last thing you can do is get a new JVC TV remote control or a universal JVC remote.
Earlier we shared:
These factory reset methods will work on almost all the JVC models; however, the same options might have different names in some models, but it’s easy to figure them out. With a factory reset, the RAM of your JVC TV will clear up, and the device will definitely start working properly again. Even after a factory reset, if an issue or glitch stays, nothing would be better than getting professional help.