Your Sharp TV doesn’t necessarily need to have an issue to get a reset. After all, there are times when you just simply want to clear data from your TV before selling it or improving its operating performance.
One quick way to do so is to factory reset your Sharp TV. You can also do it to fix different firmware-related problems.
To factory reset Sharp TV, grab the remote and press Menu button. Navigate right and select Initial Setup, select Advanced and then choose Reset option. Click yes to confirm resetting of your TV.
How To Reset Sharp TV 
If you own a Sharp TV and don’t know how to factory reset it, this guide is for you.
Remember one thing, the steps to restore Sharp smart TV to its original settings are different for different models. So follow the instructions as per your TV variant.
- Power on your Sharp TV.
- Now, you need to press the “Menu” button on the remote control.
- Use the directional pad and scroll right. Highlight the “Initial Setup” option.
Note: When you highlight an option, a drop-down menu appears under that option.
- Scroll down, select the “Advanced” option, and press enter.
- Now, scroll down and select the “Reset” option in the next sub-menu, and press enter.
- A pop-up message will appear on your Sharp TV screen, asking if you really want to reset your TV.
- Select “Yes” and press enter.
- After this, your Sharp TV will start resetting. Be patient because this can take several minutes.
- Once your Sharp TV reboots, it will be restored to default settings.
Apple Watch SE (2nd Gen) [GPS 40mm] Smartwatch with Silver Aluminum Case
How To Reset Sharp TV Without Remote
Resetting Sharp TV with a remote is very easy. However, if you are in a situation where the TV is not responding to the remote or the remote is not working, you can use button panels on the TV.
All sharp TV models have a button panel on the side or underneath the screen. The location of buttons depends on the Sharp TV model you have.
Locate the buttons and the rest of the procedure will be the same as above. If you still face any issues in resetting sharp tv manually, write us in the comments section.
Factory Reset Sharp Aquos TV With Remote
Here’s what you need to do to restore the Sharp TV to factory settings using a remote control.
- Switch on your Sharp Aquos TV.
- Locate and press the “Menu” button on the remote control.
- Now, select the “Picture” option and press enter.
- Scroll down the sub-menu, select the “Advanced” option, and press enter.
- Now you’ll have three different sub-menus opened on the screen.
- Go to the “General” sub-menu and enter the “Factory Reset TV” option.
- Enter your Sharp Aquos TV passcode, and the TV will reboot.
- Once the Sharp Aquos TV turns on again, it’ll be restored to its factory settings, and you can set up your TV from scratch.
Resetting Sharp Aquos TV Without Remote
You can use the button panel on your Sharp Aquos TV to reset your TV without a remote control.
- Now, hold down the “Volume Down” and “Input” buttons on the TV’s button panel simultaneously.
- While still holding down the buttons, plug the power cord back into the TV.
- Now, wait for the TV to reboot and then release the buttons.
- Once the TV has turned on, press the “Channel down” and “Volume down” buttons simultaneously.
- The service menu will appear on your Sharp TV screen.
- Now use the buttons to scroll through the service menu, locate the “Reset” option and enter (menu button).
- The TV will reboot and will be restored to its factory settings.
Alternate Ways To Reset Sharp TV
Some other ways to quickly restore Sharp smart TV to its original settings are:
- Using a remote control smartphone application.
- Using a Sharp replacement or universal remote.
Does a Sharp TV have a reset button?
No, Sharp TV doesn’t have a reset button. However, you can still reset it by unplugging your TV for 30 seconds, next hold the Power button for 30 seconds, and after that plug your Sharp TV back in.
What to do if Sharp TV is not working?
There are multiple reasons for Sharp TV not working. It can be due to faulty cables, problems with the power socket, firmware issues, or any hardware problems.
Where Is the Reset Button on Sharp Aquos TV?
There is no reset button on the Sharp Aquos TV. However, you can reset it by pressing the volume and input buttons in a specific manner. The method is described below:
- Unplug the TV from the main power source.
- On your Sharp Aquos TV panel, press and hold the input and volume down keys simultaneously.
- Plug the TV back into the wall socket.
- Leave the buttons as soon as you see a blue box at the top left corner of your TV screen.
- Now press and hold the volume down and channel down buttons at the same time on your remote.
- A menu will pop up on your TV screen.
- Now by using the down arrow button on your remote, go to Industry INIT.
- Turn the Industry INIT On by using the right arrow button on your remote.
- Now press enter to activate Industry INIT.
- You can see ‘Industry INIT Success’ on your TV screen.
- Unplug your TV and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
- Your TV is the factory reset.
How Do I Soft Reset My Sharp Aquos TV?
Press the gear icon on the Home screen of your Sharp Aquos TV. Under the General section, scroll, and find the Reset button. Press the button to soft reset your TV.
How Do I Start My Sharp Aquos TV without the Remote?
You can turn your Sharp TV On without a remote by:
- Pressing the power button on the TV panel.
- If you have enabled the CEC feature on your Sharp Aquos TV, then you can control it with the help of Chromecast and Google Home.
These are all the possible methods of restoring Sharp TV back to its original settings. Doing so will not only clear the cache but also remove customized settings from your TV. After a reset, you will observe a noticeable improvement in the TV’s overall performance. You can also perform a factory reset if you are interested in selling your television. If you restored your TV due to an issue but the same problem still exists, get in contact with customer support as soon as possible.