Want to learn the quickest method to exit demo mode on Vizio TV? We will share not only one, two, but three easy ways to disable TV demo mode.
Vizio TVs come with a built-in feature called a demo mode/store mode.
Manufacturers use this option for retail to attract buyers to high-quality display images.
You will be surprised to see that the Vizio TV is still in the demo mode when you bring it home.
Disabling the demo mode is a bit tricky.
Don’t worry, thetechmamba.com has got your back and will help you in bringing your Vizio smart TV to normal mode.
To turn off demo mode on Vizio TV, open the System Settings and disable the Demo mode. Restart your TV and it will start in a normal state.
How To Exit Demo Mode On Vizio TV
Let’s look at the three methods below mentioning how you can exit the demo mode on your Vizio TV with the help of a remote and even without it.
Method 1: Exit Vizio TV Demo Mode With Remote
- Make sure your TV is switched OFF when you start the process. If it is not please turn OFF the TV.
- Press the “Power” button on the remote to switch ON your Vizio TV.
- Next, a message reading “Store Demo is launching. To cancel, press and hold the input button on the back panel or the basic remote” will be playing on the screen of your TV.
- To disable the demo mode and move to the setup menu, hold the INPUT button for 10 seconds or until the message disappears.
- Follow the instructions to complete setting up Vizio TV.
- Once you have set up your TV, you will get access to the menu from where you can turn off Demo and the Picture Reset mode on Vizio TV.
- Press the Home Button on the remote which will lead to the home screen.
- Select the following options in the given sequence: Preferences/System Settings > Shop-front Display Setting > Set Demo Mode Off > Set Picture Reset Mode “Off”.
Method 2: Disable Demo Mode Without Remote
If you have misplaced your original Vizio TV remote, you can still get the TV out of demo mode using the button panel on the television.
Learn how to use your TV keys to move from the retail mode to the home mode within a few seconds.
- Turn your TV on before you start with the process.
- Once the TV is powered on, locate the Volume, Input, and Power buttons on your TV. They are most likely to be found on the bottom right of the TV. The volume button will help you scroll up and down the drop-down menus.
- Now use the power button to turn the TV off and then on just like explained in the method using a remote.
- All the other steps remain the same as in method 1.
Method 3: Turn Your Smartphone Into A Vizio TV Remote
If you have an IR blaster feature on your phone, download the remote app for Vizio TV.
This app is easily available in the Google Play Store as well as the iOS app store.
- As soon as you install the app, it will start searching for ‘Available Devices. Make sure your Vizio TV is connected to the same wifi as the Mobile phone so that it can be traced by the app.
- Once the app finds the TV and pairs it with it, press the ‘Remote’ tab next to ‘Devices’. It opens up a remote control similar to a Vizio remote on your mobile screen.
- Use the ‘Input’ and ‘Power’ buttons on the App remote control to perform the same instructions as mentioned in Method 1.
That’s it. Your Vizio Smart TV will be exited from the Demo Mode or Retail Mode and will not return.
However, if nothing seems to work, your last resort is factory resetting the Vizio TV.
You are recommended to move to this step only if all the above methods failed to exit your TV from the Demo Mode.
How To Exit Store Mode On VIA+ Televisions
The procedure to turn OFF demo mode is slightly different for Vizio VIA+ TVs.
For that follow the steps below:
- Switch OFF your television if it is ON.
- Turn back ON your TV and press the “Exit” key.
- A message will pop up on your screen with two options. You need to select “Home Use”
You may also like to check out:
- How To Turn Off Voice On Vizio TV
- How To Connect Vizio TV to WiFi Without Remote
- How To Change Input On Vizio TV
Congratulations! you have exited the exit demo mode on Vizio TV successfully and entered the ‘Home Mode’. Now you can optimize your TV settings as you like and start having fun watching high-quality entertainment. We hope this guide was of help to you to exit demo mode on Vizio TV effortlessly. All three methods described above work perfectly and solve the issue. Let us know which one worked for you in the comments.