Just like Vizio TVs, its soundbar offer users immersive sound quality. Connecting soundbar to TV is a superb idea if you want to have a good entertainment time at home on your comfortable couch.
The process to connect Vizio soundbar to a Vizo smart TV or TV of any brand is very simple. I haved shared 4 ways that will make the task easier.
To connect your Vizio soundbar to a smart TV, you can use an HDMI cable, RCA/Analog/Aux cable, Optical cable, or connect wirelessly via bluetooth connection.
How To Connect Vizio Soundbar To TV Quick And Easy 
Below I have shared every method that I tested for pairing Vizio soundbar to my smart TV. Let’s get started:
1. Connect Using HDMI Cable
First, you need to check whether your TV and soundbar have an HDMI port or not. If both the devices have it, follow these steps:
- Plugin one end of your HDMI cable into the HDMI ARC port of your TV and the other end into the HDMI port of your Vizio Soundbar.
- Turn on your TV and the Soundbar.
- Change the input setting on your Soundbar to HDMI. For this, use the input button on the Soundbar.
- Change the output audio setting on your TV as well. For this, navigate to the TV menu and find ‘Audio’.
- Now change the ‘Digital audio out’ option to ‘Digital’ or ‘Bitstream’.
Using an HDMI cable, you can control the volume of your Soundbar with your TV remote. For this purpose, you’ll need to set up Consumer Electronics Control on your Vizio TV.
- Go to the menu of your Vizio TV
- Now navigate to the system and then CEC
- Choose Enabled/On
2. Connect Using Optical Cable or SPDIF
This is one of the most commonly used methods to set up Vizio soundbar to TV.
Follow these steps for connecting your Vizio soundbar using SPDIF or optical cable:
- Turn OFF your TV and Soundbar
- Connect one end of the optical cable to the optical port on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Now, connect the other end of the cable to the optical port on your Soundbar.
- Then, turn on your TV and Soundbar
- Set the input settings on your Soundbar to Optical.
- Turn off the built-in speakers and change the audio output on your TV.
3. Connect Using Analog/RCA/AUX Cable
If you don’t have optical cable then you can use analog cable for establishing a connection between the TV and Vizio soundbar.
Here are the quick steps:
- Make sure your Vizio Soundbar and TV both are switched OFF
- Connect one end of your Aux or RCA cable to the Analog port (red and white color) on your TV.
- Connect the other side of the Analog or RCA cable to the Analog port of your Soundbar.
- Turn on your Vizio Soundbar and TV.
- Now, set the input on your Vizio Soundbar to Analog.
- Disable the internal speakers.
6. Connecting Via Bluetooth
If you want to pair your soundbar to a TV without an optical cable, then you should use the Bluetooth connectivity method.
Following are the quick steps to connect Vizio Soundbar to TV using Bluetooth:
- Plugin the Vizio Soundbar into the power supply.
- Turn on the Soundbar.
- Tun on the Bluetooth on your TV.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button on your Vizio Soundbar.
- The Soundbar will be in pairing mode while searching for the available network.
- Now, navigate to the Bluetooth settings on your TV.
- Pair your TV with Soundbar.
- Confirm the device’s Bluetooth connection.
Can you use a Vizio soundbar with a non-Vizio TV?
Yes, you can use a Vizio soundbar with a non-Vizio TV. Vizio soundbars are compatible with popular TV brands like Sony, Samsung, LG, TCL, and many other TVs.
How to connect Vizio Soundbar to Samsung tv?
You can use any one method to connect Vizio Soundbar to Samsung TV:
- Using HDMI cable
- Using Optical cable
- Using Samsung TV remote
- Using RCA cable
- Using Bluetooth
Why does the Vizio soundbar not connect to the TV?
There may be various reasons why Vizio Soundbar is not connecting to your TV. Some of these may be:
- The Soundbar is not set to the correct input settings.
- The ARC feature on your Soundbar is Off
- A software update in your Soundbar
- Wrong cable or port connection
- Cache in the audio device
- Low or no charging in the Soundbar
- Damaged or faulty HDMI / Optical / RCA cable
Also Check Out:
- How to connect Vizio soundbar to subwoofer
- How to enable game mode on Vizio TV
- How to get Crunchyroll on Vizio TV
Our guide explains all the best solutions to set up Vizio Soundbar on your TV. We hope you will find this helpful and will be able to connect both devices without any issue. We suggest pairing Vizio Soundbar to Smart TV using HDMI or optical cable. If it does not work, use Bluetooth or RCA cable as the last option. Vizio Soundbars are the best ones in the market. However, if you face any issue connecting them to your TV, we recommend you contact their customer support team. Want to share your experience using Vizio Sound Bar? We’d love to hear! So share in the comments section below.