Factory reset Toshiba TV to fix any unusual behavior like the remote not responding, no sound, turning off, black screen, and many other issues.
Your Toshiba TV may encounter some minor glitches from time to time. To deal with them you need to try some DIY before calling for professional help. Here, the first thing you need to do is to soft reset and if this is of no use then you must try restoring your Toshiba TV to its factory state to fix the problem. The process of restoring Toshiba TV to its original settings is a bit different from resetting Vizio TV and performing a reset on Skyworth TV.
To reset Toshiba TV open the SETUP option from SETTINGS and there you will find a RESET option at the bottom of the menu. Select the reset options and press the OK button. Your TV will be restored to its default settings within a few minutes.
Toshiba WiFi-enabled and non-Wifi smart TVs resetting methods are a bit different from each other. We will share how to hard reset Toshiba TVs and restore them to default settings.
Table of Contents
How To Reset Toshiba TV With Remote 
If you have a Toshiba Smart TV, this method is what you need to do in order to restore Toshiba Smart TV to its original settings:
- Turn ON your TV and Press the “Menu” key on the remote.
- Choose and enter the “Setup” menu.
- Navigate to the “Settings” option and press “Enter/OK.”
- Next up, you’ll see the “Setup” option in the settings menu. Press “Enter/OK” to open it.
- Scroll down through the next sub-menu and select “Reset TV.” Press “Enter/OK.”
- If you have set a pin on your TV, enter it to initialize the factory reset.
- If not, go ahead, select the “Yes” option from the confirmation box, and press “Enter/OK” to confirm.
How to Reset Toshiba Fire TV Edition
- Switch ON your TV and press the “Home” button.
- Use the navigation button on the remote to navigate right until you reach “Settings”.
- Press the “down” button on the remote and again scroll right till you see the “Device and Software” option. Press “Enter” to open it.
- Now again scroll down and open the “Restore to Factory Defaults”.
- You will see two options on the screen “Reset” and “Cancel”. Select “Reset” and press the Enter button.
Related: Learn how you can quickly fix Toshiba Fire TV remote not working.
Factory Reset Non-WiFi Toshiba TV
Method # 1
- Turn on your Toshiba TV using the remote control.
- Press the “Menu” button on the remote.
- Select the “Setup” option from the TV menu and press “OK/Enter.”
- Select and open the “Installation” option from the setup menu.
- Next, find the “System Status” and press “Enter.”
- From the newly opened menu, you need to enter “System Information.”
- Now go to the “Factory Defaults” option and press “Enter.”
If you have a pin code set on your Toshiba TV, enter the pin to confirm the factory reset.
- Select “Yes,” and press Enter to confirm the factory reset.
- The TV will turn off after a few seconds.
- Once you are sure that the TV is turned off, unplug the AC adapter of your TV and leave it unplugged for 60 seconds.
- After 60 seconds, you can plug the adapter back into the socket, turn on the TV, and set up your Toshiba TV from scratch.
Method # 2
If the options on your Toshiba TV are not similar to what we mentioned above in the first method, you can use this second method:
- Turn on your Toshiba TV.
- Press the “Menu” key on the remote.
- From the TV menu, select and enter the “Settings” option.
- Navigate and select the “Setup” option in the settings menu and enter it.
- Now from the setup menu, select the “Installation” option and press “Enter.”
- Next, choose “Reset TV” from the next drop-down menu.
Enter the pin code to confirm the factory reset.
- A confirmation box will appear on the screen if no pin code has been set on your Toshiba TV.
- Select “Yes” and press “Enter” to confirm the factory reset.
- After a few seconds, the TV will turn off automatically. At this point unplug the power cord of your Toshiba TV.
- Leave the power cord unplugged for 60 seconds and then plug it back in. Now you can set everything on your TV from scratch.
How to Reset Toshiba TV Without Remote
Not having a remote control is not a big deal! You can still troubleshoot Toshiba TV and carry out the reset using the button panel present on your TV’s body. Here’s how you can carry out a factory reset on Toshiba Fire TV without a remote:
- Turn on your Toshiba Fire TV.
- Unplug the power cord from the socket.
- Now, locate the “Power/INPUT” button on the TV.
- Press and hold the “Power/Input” button and plug the adapter back into the socket.
- Keep holding down the button until the TV turns on.
- The TV will turn on with the “Android Recovery Menu” opened up on the screen.
- Now press the “Power/Input” button once to scroll through the menu and select the “Wipe data/factory reset” option. Press and hold the “Power/Input” button to select the option.
- A red warning text will appear in the next menu; select “Yes” and press and hold the same button again to confirm it.
- Let go of the button when you see “wiping data” appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you’ll be back at the “android recovery menu.”
- Select “Reboot system now” and press and hold down the “Power/Input” button until the TV turns off.
- The TV will turn on automatically in a minute, and you will be able to set it up from scratch.
However, the Toshiba Fire TV edition can’t be reset by following the given methods because it has a reset button present on its hardware.
We hope one of the above-listed methods will help you to factory reset Toshiba TV default settings. You need to follow the right method for the right model of the TV. All the methods we’ve mentioned in this guide have worked for many Toshiba TV users. However, if a factory reset doesn’t fix the problem you’re facing with your Toshiba TV, go ahead and get in contact with Toshiba customer service.