After hours of research and testings we found the true reason of Toshiba Fire TV remote not working and how to fix it effortlessly.
Improper functioning of a TV remote can spoil the fun. You can’t change the channel, increase the volume, or power OFF the TV when needed.
It may happen because of several reasons. We will discuss the types, causes, and solutions to these problems.
To fix the Toshiba Fire TV remote working, remove the batteries from the remote and hold the Power button for 30 seconds. Press all the buttons of the remote and pat it on your palm. Install the batteries again and your remote will start working.
Table of Contents
Type of Toshiba Fire TV Remote Issues
Below are different types of problems that may happen to your Toshiba Fire TV remote.
- Only the power button works
- The remote volume is not working
- Remote not working after the factory reset
- The remote voice control is not working
- The remote home button is not working
- Remote Alexa is not working
- Remote not working after the firmware update
Causes of Toshiba Amazon Fire TV Remote Not Working
Let’s discuss the various reasons that cause your Toshiba Fire TV remote to malfunction.
If the remote is incompatible with your TV, it may not respond to your commands. Or, if it is not correctly paired, it cannot control the TV.
One common reason behind your Toshiba remote’s improper functioning is inappropriate battery installation.
Another reason behind the malfunctioning is the damaged remote control. It can stop working if it is dropped, crushed, or exposed to liquids.
Your TV will not receive the commands from the remote if it is very far off.
Interference of other electronic devices in proximity of your TV or obstructions between the remote and the TV may result in improper functioning of the remote.
Toshiba Fire TV Remote Not Working – Try This Fix
After identifying the reasons why your Toshiba fire TV remote buttons are not responding to your commands, let’s get to the solutions. We will tell you several ways to fix the problem.
Let’s know them!
Firstly, you need to check the batteries of your Toshiba fire TV remote. Ensure they are correctly installed. Also, ensure to use a new pair of batteries if the prior ones have expired.
Power Cycle the Remote
Power cycling usually resolves the problem, and your remote starts working. You can do it with or without the batteries.
You can power cycle your Toshiba remote with installed batteries. Press and hold the power button for 1 minute. It will power cycle the remote.
- For this, firstly, remove the batteries from the remote.
- Press and hold the power button for 1 minute.
- After a minute, press all the buttons for a few seconds.
- Replace the batteries.
Check the IR Sensor
Communication between your TV and the remote is possible with the help of the IR sensor. The infrared rays from the IR sensor transfer the commands from the remote to the TV.
If the IR sensor is not working, it results in an irresponsive Toshiba fire TV remote. You can conveniently check it with the help of your smartphone.
- Open the camera of your smartphone.
- Look at your Toshiba remote through the mobile camera.
- Press any button on your remote.
- If the IR sensor works properly, you will see a red light on the camera screen.
- If the IR sensor is not working, you will not see red light through the camera.
Obstructions between your TV and the remote may prevent your TV from getting signals from the fire TV remote. After checking the functioning of the IR sensor, check if any object is blocking the beams from reaching your TV.
Ensure to remove all the interfering objects from the surroundings of your TV. It will help the IR signals to reach the TV properly.
However, if your remote still doesn’t work, try the following solutions.
Re-Pair the Remote
Re-pairing is a solution that may solve multiple remote problems. Toshiba fire TV remote pairing can easily be done by following these steps:
- Locate the pairing button at the back of the remote by removing the batteries.
- Press and hold this button for 15 – 20 seconds.
- After 15 seconds, the remote will start blinking.
- At this stage, your remote is ready to be paired again.
P.S. If your Toshiba fire TV remote doesn’t have this button at the back, you can re-pair it by pressing and holding the home button for 30 – 40 seconds. Do this while keeping the remote pointing towards the TV.
Reset Toshiba Fire TV Remote
You must factory reset your fire TV remote if the above solutions fail to resolve the problem. Follow these steps to do this:
- Unplug your Toshiba Fire TV and wait for 1 minute.
- Simultaneously hold three remote buttons for 15 seconds: DPAD-left, back, and menu button on the remote. The factory reset process will begin by pressing these buttons.
- After releasing the buttons, wait for 10 seconds
- Now, remove the batteries from the Toshiba remote.
- Hold the power button for 30 seconds and then Home button for 30 seconds.
- Install the batteries again and reprogram the remote.
Reprogram Toshiba Fire TV Remote
- Turn ON the TV.
- Hold the Setup button (pointing towards the TV) until the light on the remote becomes lit.
- Press the TV button on the remote.
- Press the Power button on the remote.
- Wait for 5 seconds
- Press the Power button again and wait, press and wait, repeat until your TV turns OFF
- Press the Enter button when the TV turns OFF. It will store the code.
Other Solutions to Fix Toshiba Fire TV Remote
If you have checked all the solutions mentioned above and still your Toshiba fire TV remote is not working, here are some other steps you can follow to do your remote work adequately.
Power Cycle the TV
Turn OFF your TV -> disconnect from the main power supply -> wait for 10 minutes -> press and hold the Power button on the TV for 30 seconds.
It will reset the Toshiba TV. After 2 minutes, plug in and turn ON the TV.
Update TV Firmware
Lastly, you should try updating your TV firmware if your Toshiba fire TV remote is still not working after many troubleshooting methods.
Sometimes, if your TV’s software is not updated, it can affect the performance of your TV and the remote. For this, see the manual guide for your TV.
Every TV follows a different firmware updating procedure. Follow the steps mentioned in your TV manual. Hopefully, it will resolve the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
How Do I Reset My Toshiba Fire Remote?
You can reset your Toshiba fire TV remote by pressing the left, back, and menu buttons simultaneously for 30 seconds. After releasing the buttons, wait for 5 seconds, and your remote is set.
Why Does the Toshiba Fire TV Remote Not Working after Factory Reset?
If your Toshiba fire TV remote is not working after a factory reset, your remote has been unpaired. You need to pair the Fire TV remote again to make it functional. If it still doesn’t work, replace the old batteries or reset your Toshiba remote to fix the problem. After resetting you have to re-program the remote to TV.
Why Is My Fire TV Not Responding to the Remote?
There might be several reasons, like:
- Your remote is not paired correctly with the TV. Or, your remote is not compatible with the TV.
- If the batteries are not correctly installed or charged.
- If your remote is damaged or broken.
- The far distance between your remote and the TV causes the malfunction of the remote.
- There might be obstructions between the remote and the TV.
Improper functioning of the remote can be very irritating. So, we have compiled the various reasons and solutions to help you eliminate this annoying situation. We hope this guide is helpful and your Toshiba fire TV remote starts working adequately again. However, resetting your Toshiba fire TV remote is one of the best solutions to make your remote work properly again.