While many people praised Hitachi TV’s performance at the same time, many other users reported some minor issues on different communities and forums. Let me tell you these glitches are easily fixable if you follow the directions given on this page.
So, what can one do to get rid of these problems? You’ll need to hard reset your Hitachi TV before taking any professional help. The Tech Mamba troubleshooting guide for Hitachi TV will help you to solve all the TV issues if it isn’t related to hardware.
To factory reset Hitachi TV, Go to Settings, choose Installation Option, and select First-Time Installation, this will restore your TV to default settings.
How To Reset Hitachi TV With Remote 
A factory reset will remove all the data from your Hitachi TV. I recommend trying a soft reset of the TV first.
If you have already tried that and it didn’t help, a factory reset is all you can do. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to restore your Hitachi TV to default settings.
- Turn on your Hitachi TV by pressing the Power button on the remote.
- Press the “Menu” button on your Hitachi TV remote. TV Settings will appear on your screen.
- Scroll down this TV menu, select the “Installation” option, and press “OK”. A sub-menu will show up on the screen.
- Now, scroll all the way down in the menu, select the “First-time installation” option, and press “OK.”
- A dialogue box saying, “Do you want to delete all channels and settings for first-time installation? TV will be reset.”
- Select “Yes” on this warning box to confirm the factory reset and press “OK”.
- Once you have confirmed the reset, the TV will turn off, and after a few seconds, it’ll restart.
- After the TV restarts, your Hitachi TV is restored to its factory settings and you’ll need to set it up again.
This method works for almost all Hitachi TV models; however, some older models might not have similar options. For such Hitachi TV, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Turn on your Hitachi TV.
- Press the “Menu” button on your Hitachi TV remote. The TV menu will appear on the screen.
- Look for the “Settings” option and open it.
- In the sub-menu, you’ll find the “Storage & Reset” option, select it and press the “OK” button.
- Select the “Factory Data Reset” option from the next menu and press “OK”.
- Next, you need to select “Erase Everything.”
- Confirm the reset by entering the Hitachi TV pin code if you have one.
- Once you punch in the pin code, the factory reset will initiate, and your Hitachi TV will reboot.
Roku Ultra LT HD/4K/HDR Dolby Vision Quad-Core Streaming Player
Factory Reset Hitachi TV Without Remote
Hitachi TV reset button is located at the back but not all models have a reset button.
And if you don’t have a TV remote, you’ll need to enter the service menu by using the TV buttons to carry out a factory reset.
Here is how you’ll be able to access the service menu on your Hitachi TV:
- Switch OFF your Hitachi TV.
- Now, locate, press, and hold down the “Input” button.
- While still holding the “Input” button, you also need to press the “Power” button.
- Keep holding both these buttons until the TV automatically turns ON and the “Service Menu” appears on the screen.
- In the service menu, you’ll find one of these three options because the names of these options differ from model to model.
Clear all data
- Simply scroll using the “Channel Down” buttons on your TV set. Select whichever of these options you see and press “OK.”
- The TV will reboot, and all the data will be removed from your Hitachi TV.
How To Reset Pin Code On Hitachi TV
It’s normal for a person to forget pin codes and passwords, but you cannot reset Hitachi smart TV without knowing the pin code.
In such a situation, you can use one of the default pin codes that is; “0000,” “1234,” “1111,” “7777,” or “9999.”
However, these default pin codes won’t work for you if you have set a custom pin code. In that case, follow these steps to clear the pin code and set a new one:
- Grab the remote and locate the “Recall” button.
- Press the “Recall” button four times in a row within five seconds.
- When you do this, any custom pin code will be removed, and you’ll be able to set a new one.
- If you don’t set a new pin code, you can then use any of the default pin codes.
If you don’t have the original remote, you can also carry out the same method by using a universal remote or the Hitachi app on your mobile phone to factory reset your TV.
Our Recent Posts:
Hitachi TV is usually not the one to have software issues or other technical problems; however, I can’t say an appliance will never face any problem ever. Many Hitachi TV users have solved minor glitches and other bugs by the above-given methods to factory reset. I hope these methods will help you as well. However, if a factory reset doesn’t help either, this means the issue is related to the TV’s hardware and for this, you should contact customer support to resolve the issue.