Here we will share multiple and quick ways to connect ONN TV to WiFi without remote. These methods are compatible with all Roku devices.
Your smart ONN TV can work fine without a WiFi connection. You can watch your favorite TV channels, play games, connect DVD players, and many more.
However, using your favorite streaming apps without WiFi is impossible. You set up the WiFi connection on your ONN TV when you bring it to your home. The TV automatically connects to the WiFi when you turn it on or restart the router.
However, if you want to switch your TV to a new WiFi connection, you need to connect it by navigating the settings. Understandably, you need a remote for it. But what if your ONN. television remote is unresponsive, broken, or lost? Don’t worry; we have got you covered and will help you. You may also like to check out how to turn On ONN TV without remote and guide to reset ONN TV.
Table of Contents
How To Connect ONN TV To WiFi Without Remote In 30 Sec
Below are some quick ways to connect your ONN. TV to WiFi network without using a remote.
Use A USB Keyboard or Mouse With Your TV
This method is very helpful if your TV is not already connected to WiFi. Bring a USB keyboard or mouse that you use with your computer.
Connect the small USB of the mouse to the ONN TV’s USB port at the side or back of the TV.
There you go! The mouse is now connected to your TV. Use it to navigate the network settings and manage your ONN TV WiFi setup.
Using A Computer To Connect Your ONN TV To WiFi
Note: This method is also applicable if your ONN TV is already connected to WiFi and you want to change the network.
- Firstly download Roku Google Chrome Extension or Remoku (Roku Extension for Microsoft Edge) on your laptop or desktop.
- Now ensure that your computer and ONN TV are connected to the same WiFi.
- Open the web browser on the computer.
- On your Google Chrome window, click on the Remoku icon. You will find it in the top right part of the toolbar.
- You can see a virtual remote on your computer screen. Now you can go to ‘Settings’ using this remote.
- Click on ‘Network’ -> ‘Set up connection’ -> ‘Wireless’ -> select and enter a password for your desired network.
- Just like the Roku mobile app, your computer will be disconnected from the TV as soon as your ONN TV connects with the new WiFi. To control your ONN TV with the computer, you must also connect your computer to the new WiFi.
Connecting ONN Roku TV to WiFi without Remote
If you are a ONN Roku TV user, you can use roku smartphone application for connecting your device to internet. Here is what you need to do.
Use Roku App to Connect TV to Internet
Downloading and installing the Roku app on your smartphone is a very convenient method. The application is available on both the Google play store and Apple app store.
But this method of connecting ONN TV to the internet (new) works perfectly only if your mobile phone app is already connected to your ONN TV with the previous network.
Now use the virtual remote and select ‘Settings’ -> ‘Network’ -> ‘Set up connection’ -> ‘Wireless’ -> select and enter the password when you find the new WiFi connection name in the list.
Warning: Your mobile phone remote app will disconnect as soon as your TV is connected to the new WiFi because both devices have to be on the same network to work together. So, connect your mobile phone to the new WiFi to control the TV with the mobile app.
Onn Roku TV Remote Replacement
All the above methods are temporary solutions for controlling your Roku TV or stick without a remote. Sooner or later, you will need a remote control. We recommend you get a Roku Replacement Remote. The replacement remote for Roku doesn’t require any programming, and it functions similarly to the remote you get with a device. You can also check out how to fix Roku remote not working and our detailed guide on how to reset roku TV without remote.
How To Fix ONN TV Keeps Disconnecting From WiFi?
If your ONN android TV keeps dropping signals or disconnecting from WiFi, you need to do the following things to fix it:
- Restart your wireless router.
- Restart your ONN TV.
- Set the network settings to ‘Forget other networks’.
- Remove the devices or objects causing wireless interference between the TV and the router.
- Ensure that your TV is placed within the range of the wireless router.
- If there is some issue with the service provider network, switch your ONN TV to a different WiFi.
- A bug or misconfiguration can cause a dropped network. Try to disconnect and connect the WiFi again and check if there is any pending update. Perform it as soon as possible for better signal strength.
I hope these simple tips and tricks will help you to connect your ONN TV to WiFi without a remote. However, if these methods fail to establish a connection, you can get a Roku remote and a compatible universal remote to control your TV. Furthermore, if your TV loses connection with the network repeatedly, try the above-mentioned tips to resolve the problem.