Power cycling and clearing app cache are some quick fixes to get rid of ITVX not working on smart TV. Find more solutions below.
A British online video streaming app ITVX was formerly known as ITV Hub. It is a video-on-demand service that offers a diverse range of programming. Also, you can access this service from various devices like mobile phones, PCs, tablet, and smart TVs.
However, if you have updated from ITV Hub to the ITVX app on your smart TV, it may cause buffering, crashing, or frequent freezing and lagging. Every problem has a different solution, and at Tech Mamba I have compiled and shared all the causes and quick ways to troubleshoot ITVX.
Causes Of ITVX Not Working On Smart TV
Among the many ITVX reasons we have mentioned below, identify the one causing ITVX issues and try to fix it accordingly. These are:
- Your smart TV might not be compatible with ITVX
- ITVX server issues
- Temporary outage of the service due to maintenance
- Internet connection issues
- Outdated app or smart TV
ITVX Not Working On Smart TV [9 Quick Fixes That Work]
According to the problem you have detected in your smart TV, try these methods one by one to fix ITVX problems.
Power Cycle Your Smart TV
Sometimes, due to minor glitches or bugs, you experience an ITVX black screen. A simple power cycling of your TV can solve this issue.
- Turn Off your smart TV
- Unplug it from the main power source
- Wait for a few minutes
- Plug the switch back in
- Turn on the TV and try to access the ITVX app.
Check Internet Connection
If power cycling doesn’t resolve the ITVX streaming problem, then check your internet connection. Poor signals and weak or unstable internet connection can cause disturbance in streaming. You can fix this issue in the following ways:
- Check the distance between the router and your smart TV
- Number of devices connected to the same WiFi network
- Check the bandwidth
- Contact your Internet Service Provider
Note: Restarting the router can also fix the problem.
Check The Server Status Of ITVX
If the ITVX is not showing live TV, there might be some maintenance or upgrade work in progress, and therefore the server is down. You can check the server status with the help of the internet and wait until the maintenance is over and the server has resumed.
Clear Cache And Data
Accumulation of cache and data can make your ITVX app buffering or unresponsive. So, clearing the cache and app data will provide uninterrupted streaming. Below are the steps to follow.
- Go to the Home screen of your smart TV
- Go to ‘Settings’
- In the app sections, search for the ITVX app and select it
- Here you will find the ‘Clear Cache’ and ‘Clear Data’ options
- Click on both one by one and clear the temporary files by clicking OK.
Note: You can find the ‘Clear Cache’ option in the ‘Manage Storage’ or ‘Manage Installed Applications’ on some smart TVs.
Clear Location Data
Sometimes, when accessing the app outside the serviceable area, it makes the app inaccessible. By clearing the location data, you can solve this issue. Follow the steps below to clear the location data.
- Launch the app on your TV
- Go to ‘Settings’ (see the sidebar of the ITVX app)
- Go to the ‘Location’ options
- Click on ‘Update location’ and try to access the content from the ITVX app.
Update the ITVX App
Check the status of your pre-installed ITVX app. Outdated apps create various issues, so update the app.
The steps to update the app vary in different TV brands and models. However, you can open the app store, and by navigating the settings, you can check for updates. If any new update is available for the ITVX app, click on it and get the latest version to solve the ITVX streaming issues.
Reinstall ITVX App
If, after trying the methods mentioned above your ITVX is still unresponsive, you must uninstall the app and reinstall it. After reinstalling, sign in to the app and see if the problem is resolved. If not, move on to the next trick.
Not all smart TVs support the ITVX app. So, if you are a new user, ensure your TV supports the app. It is available on:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- LG smart TVs
- Roku streaming players
- Samsung smart TVs (model 2017 and older)
Also, sometimes you can’t watch a show because the show does not have online rights but only television rights. In such cases, you will receive a message ‘The program is unavailable’
Contact Customer Support Team
Finally, if after all the troubleshooting techniques, you fail to resume the streaming service, it is recommended to contact the customer service of ITVX or your smart TV. You can contact them online, give details about the problem, and get it fixed.
Alternate Method To Stream ITVX On Smart TV
Here is an alternate method you can choose if all of the above-mentioned tricks fail to solve the issue. Try to cast the content from your mobile ITVX app to your smart TV.
- Download and install the ITVX app on your mobile phone
- Launch the app
- Sign in to your ITVX account
- Connect your smartphone and smart TV to the same WiFi network
- Play the show you want to see. On the top corner, there is a cast icon. Click on that.
- From the list of devices, choose your smart TV
- Both devices are connected now, so you can enjoy the ITVX content on your smart TV.
How Do You Get ITVX On Your Smart Television?
Whichever smart TV you own, the process of getting an ITVX app on your smart TV is mostly the same.
- Go to the Home screen
- Open the app store
- Search for ITVX by typing it in the search bar
- You can see the app in the search results, click on it
- ‘Install’ the app
- Once the download process is completed, you can see the app on your TV’s home screen
- Open the app and sign in with your existing ITV account credentials
- You are ready to stream your favorite program
Note: If you have already installed ITV Hub on your smart TV, you don’t need to reinstall ITVX. Instead, it will update to the latest version automatically or check for updates manually by navigating the settings menu.
How To Fix ITVX Black Screen?
Following are some quick tips to fix the ITVX blank screen.
- Check network connectivity
- Clear cache and data
- Reinstall or update the app
Why Does ITVX Keep Crashing?
Issues in the app can cause your ITVX app to crash frequently. Check the status of your app. Update the app if it is outdated. However, if no new updates are available and your app is up to date, then uninstall and reinstall the ITVX app. Reinstalling it may fix the problem.
Is ITVX Free To Watch?
Yes, you can enjoy countless programs and shows for free on ITVX. However, they are ad-supported. If you want to enjoy an ad-free service, you have to subscribe to an ITVX premium plan. The premium version costs you £5.99 per month and £59.99 anually.
Why Can’t I Get ITVX On My TV?
A compatibility issue or an outdated version prevents you from accessing the ITVX on your smart TV. Navigate to the settings and check for any available updates. If there are any, update to the latest version and enjoy ITVX on your smart TV smoothly.
You may also like to check out:
Don’t let these minor issues hold you back from enjoying the unlimited fun of the ITVX app. You can try the above-mentioned tricks one by one and enjoy streaming. However, if none of the tricks work, you must contact the customer care center and get professional help. Hope this article was helpful. If you have any queries or suggestions related to ITVX you can write in the comment section anytime.
- Roku Asking For Pin To Add Channel [Here’s An Easy Way Out] - November 28, 2023
- How To Turn Off Voice On Vizio TV  - November 24, 2023
- How To Reset Toshiba TV With & Without Remote  - November 24, 2023