There are many ways to download apps on Hisense smart TV. We tested many methods and shared some of the easiest ones.
The Hisense smart TV allows you to download apps of your choice on your TV. Like your mobile phone, you can stream your favorite shows, play games, or use other apps on your Hisense TV.
Android TVs have play stores to navigate the apps and add them to your TV. However, if you want, you can also sideload apps using various techniques. If you are having any issue with your television, we suggest you to reset Hisense TV. It will fix all the bugs and glitches.
Table of Contents
How to Download Apps On Hisense Smart TV All Models 
We tried different ways and compiled different working methods to install applications on Hisense smart TV. So, let’s get started!
Using TV’s Apps Store
It is the simplest of all the methods. Press on the Home button on your Hisense TV remote. In the main menu, navigate to the TV Apps Store.
Among several applications, choose the one you want to download on your TV.
Click on the app and click OK. The app will start downloading and will take time, according to your internet connection speed.
Adding Apps on Hisense TV Using VEWD App Store
VEWD Apps Store is compatible with all android TVs. You can find this application when you open the main menu on your TV by clicking on the Home button.
Click on the VEWD app. It will open several apps by categories. Select the one you want to add to your TV and click OK.
Using Google Play Store
Google play store is part of every android device. You can use this online store to add apps to Hisense smart TV.
The process is similar. On your Home screen, find the Google app store icon. By clicking on it, you will see several categories of applications.
Select the required app and click OK.
How to Sideload Apps on Hisense TV
Sideloading an app means adding a non-authorized application on the Hisense TV. It can be done by using an unknown source. But ensure that the source you use is protected and authentic.
Before sideloading an app, you need to fulfill some requirements for smooth installation.
Permission for Sideloading
First of all, turn On your Hisense TV. On the Home screen, open the Settings menu -> select Personal Tab -> click Security -> Enable the Unknown Sources.
Installing Sideload Launcher and a File Manager on Hisense TV
After enabling the installation from unknown sources, you need to add a Sideload Launcher and a File Manager to browse and access the apps conveniently.
You can get these apps from the Play store. Follow these steps to download Sideload Launcher and File Manager app.
Click on Google Play Store on the Home screen -> type Side Launcher in the search bar, and click Enter -> Install the app.
Follow the same procedure by writing File Manage in the search bar and Install it.
Now your TV is set to install apps from sources other than the play store. We have tested and explained two methods of sideloading the apps: a web browser or a USB.
How to Sideload Apps on Hisense TV Using a Web Browser
Here is a step-by-step guide to using a web browser for sideloading an app on Hisense TV.
- Open the web browser on your computer, laptop, or mobile phone.
- Navigate the Google Play Store -> download and install the required app if it is not already present on the device.
- Sign in to your Google account
- After logging in, click on the drop-down arrow on the Devices option. You will see a list of devices. Choose your Hisense TV, and click Install. Click OK on the confirmation message.
- Now turn ON your TV. Ensure it is connected to the network. You will find the app already installed on the TV. Now you can navigate and play the app.
However, if this method doesn’t work, you can try doing this with the help of a flash drive.
How to Install Apps on Hisense Smart TV from USB
You can copy the app from your laptop or computer to your flash drive. Before using this method, ensure your Hisense TV has a port where you can insert the USB and complete the process.
- In your computer’s web browser, find the app you want to sideload from a trusted source.
- Find the .apk file of the required app and ‘Download’ it.
- Now insert the USB into your computer and copy the file into it.
- After copying, insert the flash drive into your Hisense TV.
- You can open and view the content using the File Manager app (you have already installed it on your TV).
- Find the .apk file and Install it.
- After installation, open the app using the Sideload Launcher App on your Hisense TV.
How to Add Apps to Hisense Roku TV
To add apps to your Hisense Roku TV, follow these steps:
- Click on the Home button on your TV remote
- Press the right arrow button. It will navigate to the pre-installed apps on your TV.
- By navigating all the way down, you will find the option ‘Add Channel’. Click on it. It is the same as installing an app.
- Here you will find the categories of the available apps.
- Select the app and click Add Channel.
- Select the app you want to add to your Hisense Roku TV and click OK.
- Now press the Home button on your TV remote, and you will find the newly added app in the apps section.
How to Update Apps on Hisense Smart TV
You can update the apps on your Hisense TV in four different ways. Keep reading to understand all these methods.
Reinstall the App
Open the Home screen on your Hisense TV -> select the app you want to update -> uninstall the app by clicking the red button -> click OK to confirm -> now open the Hisense App Store and reinstall the app to enjoy the latest version of the app.
Update Your TV’s Firmware
You can update the pre-installed apps by updating the firmware of your Hisense TV.
In the Home screen, go to ‘Settings’ -> select ‘All’ -> click on the ‘Software Update’ button -> you will get the option of ‘Update’ if your TV has an older version. Click on it and enjoy the updated firmware.
By Using Google Play Store
Open the Google Play Store on your Hisense TV. Open ‘Settings’ -> click on the Auto-Update Apps. It will automatically update the apps present on your TV.
By Using Hisense App Store
You can also use the Hisense App Store to update the apps. Select the app in the Home screen of the Hisense App Store which you want to update. Click on it. If you get an option of Update, click it, and your app will be updated.
Where Is the App Store on Old Hisense Smart TV?
You can find the App Store icon on your old Hisense smart TV’s Home screen. You can open the TV’s app store and search for your desired app by clicking on that.
What Apps Are Available for Hisense Smart TV?
The best apps for Hisense smart TV (free or paid) are:
- Tubi TV
- Pluto TV
- Android TV Box
- Fire TV
So, getting apps on Hisense TV is not a big deal. You can enjoy the streaming through pre-installed apps, or, if you want, you can download several apps to get the most out of your Hisense smart TV. By using the above-mentioned methods, you can install and update the apps. But always be sure to use an authentic source to download apps. Otherwise, it can cause damage to your TV. We hope this article was helpful for you and you will enjoy streaming and gaming with your family with the newly installed apps.