How many times the light flashes, gives you the idea of what type of problem your TV may have. You can say these Hisense TV blinking codes that help you to understand the problem in your TV.
I have come up with some simple and instant fixes you can use to overcome this issue regardless of the number of blinks. I hope you will be able to troubleshoot your Hisense TV with our tips.
Hisense TV blinking red light and not turning ON indicates that there is some problem with the television’s software or hardware.
Why Does Hisense TV Red Power Light Blink?
The issue can be both software or hardware-related. Some common issues are:
- Damaged or interrupted power supplies
- Main board or power board issues
- Issues with TV’s backlight or inverter
- HDMI problems
- Software glitches
Quick Ways To Fix Hisense TV Blinking Red Light
Try these simple troubleshooting techniques and get rid of the blinking light issue without going for an expensive replacement.
Restart Your TV
Most of the software glitches and bugs can be resolved by a simple restart. So, restart your Hisense TV.
- Turn your TV Off by pressing the power button physically present on the TV panel.
- Unplug the TV from the main power source.
- Wait for 60 seconds and replug the TV.
Soft Reset Your TV
If a simple restart doesn’t work, try power cycling/soft resetting your TV in the following way.
- Remove all the connected devices from your Hisense TV.
- Turn the TV Off and unplug from the main power source.
- Keep the power button pressed for 30 seconds.
- Wait for 30 minutes before plugging the TV back into the socket.
- Plug In and power On to check if the Hisense TV light flashing issue is resolved.
Note: Sometimes a cool reboot doesn’t work in 1 or 2 attempts. Perform the soft reset trick at least five times.
Sony S100F 2.0ch Soundbar with Bass Reflex Speaker
Factory Reset Hisense Smart TV
A hard or factory reset of Hisense TV without remote can also be helpful to get rid of the issue. However, it will delete all your personalized data and bring the TV back into out-of-the-box state. As your TV is not turning On, here is how you can manually hard reset your Hisense smart TV.
- Disconnect all the devices and wires attached to the TV and also disconnect the main power plug.
- Press and hold the small recessed reset button for 30 seconds. The Hisense TV reset button is located at the back side.
- While holding the reset button, plug the TV back into the power outlet.
- After 30 seconds (when the reset process is completed) release the button. The TV will automatically reboot. After a few times, you will see a setup screen on your TV.
Resetting is also very useful in fixing Hisense TV keeps freezing on logo screen.
Check The Power Outlet
As mentioned earlier, mostly the red light blinks due to some power issues. If after resetting your TV the problem is still there then you need to check the hardware components of your Hisense TV. You can check the power outlet in the following ways.
- Unplug your TV from the socket and plug another device that uses a similar amount of electricity. If the device does not work, it means your wall socket has some issue.
- The other method is to plug your TV into another socket to check whether the problem is with your TV or the power outlet.
Check The Motherboard
Sometimes a power surge damages or burns the internal parts of your TV like the motherboard or the power board. You can fix and replace the components all by yourself only if you understand the electronics. However, we will recommend you to contact the HIsense customer service team and ask them to send a professional technician to fix the problem.
If your TV is in warranty period and you open it and try to fix the internal parts, you will lose the authority to claim the warranty. Therefore avail the facility, if the terms are still valid and get a new Hisense TV by claiming the warranty.
The Hisense team will visit you and check if the damage was real and not caused by you; they will probably replace the entire unit for you!
Why Is My TV Red Light Blinking 6 Times?
If your Hisense TV power light is blinking 6 times without turning the TV On, it is an indication that there is some power-related issue with your TV.
However, specifically blinking-six-times refers to the problem related to the backlight or backlight driver. Backlight and its components may burn and get damaged due to a sudden power surge. In such a case, you need to replace the component with a new one to run your TV again.
Why Hisense TV Is Not Turning On Blinking Red Light?
- Hisense Android TV’s red power light flashes repeatedly mostly when the problem lies within the main board, power board, backlight/backlight driver, power cables, or internal circuits.
- There is also a possibility that a simple software glitch is causing trouble and your TV fails to turn On with a blinking power light.
- The issue can also be with the HDMI connections or bad remote signals.
When your Hisense TV light turns On and Off automatically you must try some simple and known tricks like restart, power cycle, and hard reset. These tricks remove the software glitches and resolve the issue. However, if the problem is related to hardware components, then you need to get your Hisense 4k TV checked by some technicians. But, if you are familiar with the electrical components, you can give it a try all by yourself too!