Factory reset LG WebOS TV now to get rid of problems like TV not connecting to wifi, keeps restarting, blinking screen, slow performance, etc.
Getting an LG WebOS Smart TV is a good choice. But if you ask us, even these high-end TVs are lacking in some areas. We’ve noticed issues like inconsistent colors, posterization, zero sound output, and lagging/freezing of streaming apps.
Another problem that some users have complained about is the appearance of horizontal lines on the screen. The reason for these lines is still unknown but we do know the solution and that is to reset the LG smart TV.
As per our research and experience, you can quickly factory reset LG WebOS by opening the “Reset to Initial Settings” that you will find in the “General” settings option.
Table of Contents
How To Reset LG WebOS TV With Remote 
TheTechMamba will guide you to reset your LG TV to factory settings in less than a minute. To hard reset LG WebOS Smart TV, turn on your TV, grab the remote, and follow these steps carefully:
- Press the “Gear Icon” button on the remote. It is also known as the “Smart Button.” This will open a menu on your LG Smart TV screen.
- Navigate through the menu and open the option with “Gear Icon” on it.
Note: For some LG TVs, the Gear Icon has an “All Settings” option, while others have the same option with the name of “Settings” or “Advanced Settings.” All are the same, so don’t be confused.
- From the next menu, choose the “General” option and press “Right Arrow or OK” to open it.
- Navigate down till you see the “Reset to Initial Settings” option. Select it and press “OK”.
- After this, a warning box will appear on the screen, saying, “IMPORTANT! Resetting will delete all of your account settings and installed apps. This action cannot be undone. Do you want to continue?” Select “Confirm” to restore LG WebOS to factory settings.
- Once you press ok, your TV will reboot and the factory reset will start, and it will take 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
- Upon completion, the TV will reboot again, and you’ll be asked to set up language, country, and other information to personalize the TV.
NOTE: When you restore LG WebOS TV to default settings, the downloaded data, settings, passwords, and installed apps are wiped out.
Related: If you are a gamer, you must check how you can enable gaming mode on LG smart TV and enhance your game-playing experience.[/su_quote]
Factory Reset LG WebOS TV Without Remote 
To factory restore LG WebOS to original settings without a remote, you just need to locate the joystick-like buttons present on the TV. Usually, LG smart TVs buttons are present underneath the panel; however, if it’s not present there, check the side panels as well; they might be there.
Once you find the buttons, use them to navigate through the options on your TV screen. The process after this is exactly the same as you do with a remote. Here’s what you need to do:
- Find and press the “Menu” button on your LG WebOS Smart TV.
- Using the buttons, navigate and select “Advanced Settings/Settings/All Settings,” and press “Enter.”
- Now, select and enter the “General” options.
- Next, navigate down and choose the “Reset to Initial Settings” option and enter it.
- Select the “Confirm” option after it, and the TV will restore to its default settings.
Note: if you have a password set on your WebOS TV, you’ll be asked to enter it to confirm the factory reset, for both with and without remote methods.
Earlier we posted:
Force Reset LG WebOS Smart TV
The next thing you need to do in order to fix LG smart TV issues is to perform a soft reset. The method is simple; you just have to follow a couple of steps to get it done. Here’s how to reset LG TV:
- Grab your LG WebOS TV remote control, press the “Power” and “Volume Down” keys simultaneously, and hold them down for around at least 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, the LG logo will appear on the screen, and the TV will reboot after the reset is completed.
Reset LG WebOS Smart TV Password
Here is a quick trick, following which you can easily reset the password of the LG smart TV running on WebOS. Follow these steps, and you’ll be able to set a new password without any problem:
- Press the “Gear Icon” on the remote.
- Now navigate through this menu and select the “Advanced Settings/Settings/All Settings” option.
- In the next menu, scroll down to the “Safety” option and enter it
- Then go to the “Reset Password” option. Don’t enter this option; just highlight it.
- After selecting (not entering) the “Reset Password” option, press these buttons in sequence: Channel Up (twice), Channel down (once), and Channel up (once).
- The Master Password box will appear. Here you need to enter 0313 and hit the “Enter” option.
- The password will now be set to the default password, which is 0000 (4 zeroes).
- Now, you can use this default password to set a new password.
These are all the methods you can use for fixing several LG Smart TV issues. It’s pretty easy to factory reset LG WebOS TV and as a result, most of your television issues will vanish. We hope that this would’ve been helpful for you. Lastly, if the TV still keeps glitching, you should contact LG customer support as soon as possible, as they’ll definitely have some solution for the problem.