You can factory reset LG TV without remote using buttons on TV, LG remote app, or firmware update. Below I have explain each method in detail.
At some point, you may find it necessary to reset your LG TV back to its original factory settings. Factory resetting can come in handy if you’re experiencing software issues glitches, or just want to start fresh. Resetting with remote is easy but the problem arises when the remote is not working.
Don’t you worry! You can do it without a remote. The method to factory reset LG TV without a remote is similar to resetting the TV with a remote. You will need to use the control panel present on the TV instead of the remote. With some careful navigation, you can access the reset menus and restore your LG television to factory conditions.
How To Factory Reset LG TV Without Remote [5 Quick Ways]
Below I have shared three ways to reset LG smart TV without using remote. Let’s get started:
1. Resetting Using The Buttons On The LG TV
- Press the MENU button on the LG smart TV.
- Now, navigate down to the SETTINGS option and open it.
- After that, just like you do with a remote, look for the GENERAL option and then the “Reset to Initial Settings” option.
- Now, the factory reset will start; however, you need to follow the prompts that pop up in the warning boxes.
- Lastly, you will have to enter the password to confirm the factory reset, and soon the TV will restore its original settings.
Once again, if you don’t have any password set, enter the default passwords; 0000 or 1234.
2. Using the LG TV Plus Mobile LG ThinQ App
If you have the LG ThinQ app installed on your smartphone, you can use it as a remote to reset your LG TV. Below is the step by step guide:
NOTE: Before proceeding ensure your your smartphone and TV both are connected to same WiFi network.
- Download and install LG ThinQ app on your mobile. Download Link
- Tap on the LG ThinQ app icon to launch it.
- Select Add Product option and then Choose TV.
- Select your LG TV from the list.
- A pairing code will appear on your TV screen, enter it on your smartphone.
- Next, go to ThinQ app homescreen and choose your TV to start controlling.
- Navigate to TV Settings and then select General.
- Choose Reset Initial Settings to begin reset process.
- It will ask you to enter a password. The default password is 0000 or 1234. If you have set a custom password enter that.
3. Reset Dumb LG TVs Using LG TV Plus App
If you are using an older model of LG TV, ThinQ app won’t do the trick. For LG Dumb TV you need LG TV Plus app. Here is a complete guide:
NOTE: Ensure to connect your mobile to the same WiFi to which your LG TV is connected.
- Download LG TV Plus app on your smartphone. Download Link
- Launch the app on your phone
- The app will automatically detect the TV.
- Enter the PIN that appears on the TV screen in the app to pair the devices.
- Now press the Smart Home button on the app.
- This will show the TV menu.
- Using your smartphone remote go to TV Settings and select General.
- Choose Reset Initial Settings.
- Enter the password if you’ve set one. If you haven’t, the default password can be either 0000 or 1234.
4. Using A USB Mouse To Reset LG TV
Another method to factory reset LG smart TV without remote is using a USB mouse. Follow the steps below:
- Connect the mouse to the TV
- Switch ON your LG TV.
- You will see a pointer on your TV screen.
- Using mouse navigate to settings and choose general
- Click on Reset Initial Settings.
- Enter the password if you’ve set one or default password can be either 0000 or 1234.
5. Restoring LG TV To Factory Setting Through USB Firmware Update
You’ll need a USB drive and a USB port on your LG TV for this method. Download the latest LG TV firmware update file from the LG website onto the USB drive. Insert the USB stick into your TV.
With the USB inserted, press and hold the volume up, volume down, and settings buttons simultaneously again to access the service menu. Select the firmware update option and confirm to reset using the update file on your USB drive.
Soft Reset LG TV Without Using Remote
If you don’t have remote control of the LG smart TV, don’t worry you can reset the television. Below are the steps you need to follow to power reset LG TV without a remote:
- Switch OFF your TV
- Unplug the AC power cord
- Press the “POWER” button located underneath the LG logo on the front. OR you will find it at the back of the screen in some models.
- Hold it for approx. 10 seconds and the TV will reset.
You may also like to check:
- How to Turn ON LG TV Without Remote
- LG TV Not Connecting To WiFi
- LG TV Keeps Disconnecting From WiFi
- LG TV No Signal Problem
While factory resetting an LG TV is simplest with the remote, several alternative methods are available if you’ve lost the remote or it stops functioning. I have shared multiple ways to factory reset LG TV without remote. You can follow any method to quickly reset your LG television to default settings.
- Roku Asking For Pin To Add Channel [Here’s An Easy Way Out] - November 28, 2023
- How To Turn Off Voice On Vizio TV  - November 24, 2023
- How To Reset Toshiba TV With & Without Remote  - November 24, 2023