Sometimes, when you turn On Vizio TV, its power light flashes 12, 15, 16, 20, 22, and 25 times. No display screen or logo shows up. Instead, the TV turns Off after light-blinking. It can be a software issue, but the problem is usually linked to the hardware responsible for the power supply.
If you are here, I am sure you must be facing this problem. I researched a lot about this problem and have compiled the list of all the possible causes and solutions to get rid of the issue. You may also like to check Vizio TV not turning ON but light Is ON.
Why Does Vizio TV Power Light Flashes 15 Times OR Repeatedly?
Usually, when the power light on your Vizio smart TV blinks repeatedly, it indicates that there is some problem with the power supply or main board of your Vizio TV.
You can check power cable connections, sockets, and their proper functioning with the help of a voltmeter. We will continue by explaining some quick fixes and then head towards the hardware fixes to help you resolve the issue.
How To Fix Vizio TV Power Light Blinking 12, 15, 16 & 20 Times
Here are some simple, easy ways to fix your Vizio TV flashing power light.
Power Cycle/Soft Reset Your TV
If something is stuck in your TV’s flash memory it cannot be removed with a simple turn OFF and On action.
You need to power cycle or reset your Vizio TV, and any issue with the temporary memory of your smart TV will be resolved. To do so follow these steps:
- Unplug your TV from the main power source.
- Also remove all the cables connected to the TV.
- Press and hold the power button on your TV’s panel (not on the remote) for at least 15 seconds.
- Now, wait for 30 minutes before plugging your TV back into the socket.
- Plug your TV and switch it On to check if it stops blinking and shows the logo.
If the problem exist, factory reset your TV. For this you need to press the reset button at the back of Vizio TV, this will restore your TV to original state.
Interrupted Power Supply (Check the Wall Socket)
Sometimes, there are household power supply issues that cause your Vizio TV power light to flash. Check the power socket in which your Vizio TV is plugged in. Ensure that it is supplying enough power without any interruption.
- Unplug your Vizio TV from the socket.
- Also, unplug all cables or smart plugs.
- Plug another device into the socket that uses the same amount of power as your Vizio TV.
- If the other device is working properly, then plug your TV back into the socket and see if the light blinks or not.
- You can also plug your TV into another fully functioning wall socket to ensure that your household power supply isn’t a problem.
Check The Power Cable
Check the power cable for any damages or knots. Also, check the power connector on your TV because rusty and corroded ports often fail to supply power adequately.
So, if you find any damage or corrosion, replace the cable/connector to ensure proper power supply.
Problems With HDMI Connection
Certain factors can cause your Vizio TV not to work with a power blinking light, like:
- Faulty HDMI cable
- Broken HDMI pins
- Damaged HDMI port
- Poor HDMI connection
This is because a poorly connected cable can automatically switch between the inputs. Thus, due to its poor connection, it fails to transfer signals properly. You can check your HDMI connection by following these steps.
- Turn Off and unplug your Vizio TV.
- Remove all the cables attached to your TV, including HDMI cables.
- Clean the cable and connectors with the help of a soft brush or air compressor.
- Plug the cables back and turn the TV On to check if the problem is resolved.
- You can also try another HDMI port to connect the cable.
Check The Power/Main Board, And Backlight Inverter Of Vizio TV
After checking all the external connections and suspected points, now is the time to examine some internal parts. And the TV’s power or main board are the initial ones to check.
Note: You can check and replace these boards by yourself. However, contact the Vizio team if your TV is new because changing the internal parts of your TV invalidates the warranty.
You can check these boards by taking the TV’s case apart. Furthermore, you can use a multimeter to check whether the voltage is correct across the boards.
While examining the boards, note down these things:
- The power socket on the power board is receiving power.
- All parts are receiving power from the power socket.
- No components are damaged.
- The capacitors are in good condition.
After examining the two boards, check the backlight inverter. This component is responsible for regulating the standard voltage and current according to the requirement of the TV’s backlight.
It is a small board which is sometimes attached to the power board. Use a voltmeter to check this board and the cable attached to it. Sometimes, when the boards and backlight inverter are in good condition, it is the backlight itself that has failed.
You may be interested in checking out:
- How To Turn Off Voice On Vizio TV
- How to Update Netflix on Vizio TV
- How To Enable Game Mode On Vizio TV
The reason behind Vizio TV power light blinking can be a hardware or a software issue. Start with simple and easiest methods like power cycling and checking the cables and connectors. If the problem persists, you must check the internal hardware components of your Vizio TV. It is completely possible to replace these parts all by yourself. However, for complete guidance, I advise you to consult a technician or Vizio official technicians.