Setting up a new Roku TV is easy with the help of the Roku remote.
But what if:
- You have received a malfunctioning Roku remote.
- You just factory reset your Roku TV or streaming stick, and now the remote is not working.
I know now the question pondering in your mind is, is there a way we can set up our Roku TV without a remote?
To find the answer, scroll down…
How To Set Up Roku Smart TV Without Remote?
Below, I have shared the set up guide for Roku smart TV…
Setting Up New Roku TV Without Remote
You cannot set up a new Roku TV without remote.
Without a remote, you cannot navigate and select the desired option on your Roku device.
As there is no personalized information (login credentials or WiFi password) put into your TV yet, so you can’t connect your phone or any other device to your TV.
Set Up Roku TV After Performing A Hard Reset With No Remote
When you factory reset your Roku TV, all the customized settings and data get wiped out, and the TV gets back to its out-of-the-box state.
It means that if you were controlling your TV with your mobile app, you can’t do it now because the network details are also deleted from the TV settings.
Therefore, you need a remote to get started with the setup procedure.
Then what is the solution if you don’t have a remote?
Alternate Methods To Set Up Roku TV Without Remote
Here is an alternate way to set up your Roku TV without the original remote.
Roku Replacement Remote
You can buy a new replacement Roku TV remote control and complete the Roku TV installation.
You can buy a simple Roku, voice, or Voice Pro remote.
Some remotes pair automatically when you put batteries in them, while some need to be paired by pressing the pairing button for a specific time.
You can see the pairing instructions on the user manual of the remote.
Once your remote is paired with the TV, you can follow the on-screen instructions and set up your TV according to your preferences.
Using GE Universal Remote For Roku
One of the best replacement remotes for Roku is the GE Universal remote that can control up to 8 audio and video devices simultaneously.
All you have to do is use the correct code to program the remote with the device.
You can also program them manually. Here is how you can program GE remote for Roku.
- Press and hold the Setup button on your GE remote
- Release the button as soon as the red light on your remote turns On
- Now press and release the device button to which you want your remote to connect. For example, press STRM for streaming box and TV button for smart TVs.
- Now enter the specific 4-digit code (see the remote manual guide)
- The red light will turn Off after entering the code.
- Test all buttons on the remote while pointing it toward the Roku TV.
- Try another code if your remote is not paired yet and the buttons are not working.
Can You Use The Roku App Without The Remote?
Yes, you can connect and use the mobile remote app without a TV remote.
You have to download and install the Roku remote app on your smartphone or tablet and connect it to your TV.
However, it is mandatory that your TV is already connected to a WiFi network and you connect your phone to the same internet connection.
If your TV is not connected to the internet, then using the Roku app to control the TV is not possible.
What To Do If I Lost My Roku Remote?
If you have lost your Roku remote, there are many alternate methods you can adopt for controlling Roku TV without a remote. Like:
- You can download and install the Roku remote app on your smartphone (iPhone/Android) or tablet
- You can purchase a Roku replacement remote
- Also, you can mirror or cast the content from your smartphone to your Roku TV
The excitement of bringing a brand-new Roku smart TV at home is unexplainable.
When you unbox it and turn it On, you have to go through a set up procedure.
It includes preferred language, date and time settings, internet connection, display settings, creating a Roku account, and connecting the remote.
Although there are alternate methods you can use to control your Roku TV, for initial set up you need a remote.
So, if your TV remote is broken or missing, you can buy a replacement remote and pair it up with your TV to complete the setup process.
According to your TV’s OS version, you can purchase a simple remote, voice, or voice pro remote.
Also, you can record a complaint about the missing remote to the Roku customer service team.
- Roku Asking For Pin To Add Channel [Here’s An Easy Way Out] - November 28, 2023
- How To Turn Off Voice On Vizio TV  - November 24, 2023
- How To Reset Toshiba TV With & Without Remote  - November 24, 2023