Learn the easiest method to quickly factory reset Element TV to default settings with and without a remote to fix different audio and video bugs.
Recently, I discovered that I am not the only one whose Element TV has been glitching from time to time. When my TV’s screen went blank without any sound at all, I had to go through some tech forums, and it turns out many Element TV owners have had the exact same issue.
While some complain about a black screen alone, others can’t hear a sound coming out of their Element TV, and then some, like me, had neither the sound nor the picture. Not just that, the problems can vary from TV to TV. So, how to troubleshoot element TV, when facing such issues? The method that worked for many and I tested it as well, is resetting Element TV to default settings.
Table of Contents
How To Reset Element TV With Remote 
If you don’t know how to hard reset the Element smart TV, this guide by TheTechMamba will help you. The method that we will share with you works for almost all the Element LED and smart TV models, including Element Roku TV. Here’s what you need to do:
- Press the “Menu” button on the remote control. It is the one with “Menu or Three Horizontal Lines” on it.
- Scroll down in the on-screen menu and choose “Settings”.
Note: Most Element TV remotes have an “OK” button in the center of the “Navigation” buttons. And if the “OK” button is not available, you need to press the “Volume Up” button to select an option.
- After entering the settings, navigate and open the “General” settings.
- Now, choose the option that says “Restore Default”.
- If you have set a password on your TV, you will be asked to enter it.
- Upon entering the pin code, your element TV will be reset to default settings.
Now, if you can’t find these same options in your TV, then probably the model of your Element TV is different, and the options are named differently. But don’t worry, here’s what you can do:
- Press the “Home” button on your Element TV remote (the button with a house symbol on it).
- After this, the TV menu will open on your Element TV screen. Navigate through it and select the “Settings” option.
- Select the “Storage & Reset” option from the menu.
- Next, you need to select the “Factory Data Reset.”
- Confirm this reset by entering your TV password (If you have any), and you’re good to go.
- After a few minutes, it’ll restore your Element TV to factory settings.
NOTE: A factory reset will wipe out everything, including the installed applications, passwords, and even the personalized settings, so try a soft reset before you go for this.
Factory Reset Element TV Without Remote
Now, you must be wondering, what to do, if the remote of your Element TV is not working, the screen is black or stuck on the logo, and you cannot use the remote to perform a factory reset? Nothing to worry about. Here’s what you need to do.
- Turn on your Element TV.
- Now, you need to look for the tiny reset button behind your TV.
- Now, unfold a paper clip or take a toothpick and use it to press the reset button.
You can also use a pen or pencil’s tip but an unwinded paperclip is recommended.
- Hold the reset button down for a few seconds and wait until your TV screen goes blank and the Element logo appears on the screen.
- Release the reset button when the Element logo appears on the screen.
- Wait a couple of minutes for the factory reset to be completed, and your Element TV will restore its default settings.
Typically the reset button is present somewhere around the TV’s control buttons. But, it can be present anywhere else on your TV’s backside as well. Look for it properly because all the Element TVs come with a reset button regardless of their model.
How to Reset Element Roku TV with Remote
- Grab the remote and press the “Home” button to open Home Screen.
- Use arrow keys to navigate down and open Settings by pressing the right arrow key.
- Scroll down until you see “System”, and open it.
- Again go down and open the “Advanced System Settings” option.
- From the list of options select “Factory Reset”.
- Now, choose the “Factory Reset Everything” option.
- Enter the 4-digit code to proceed and restore Element Roku TV to original settings.
Recently we shared:
How to Reset Element Roku TV without Remote
To factory reset Element Roku TV: Switch ON your television, locate the “Reset” button at the back of the TV, and press and hold it until your TV reboots and Roku’s logo appear on the screen. After the reboot, all the data will be removed from your Roku TV and you need to set up your Element TV again.
If you still have any confusion, check out the video below:
How to Reset a Lost Element TV Password?
Sometimes, Element TV users forget the password they had set on their TV. The problem here is that you cannot perform a factory reset if you don’t have the password.
In situations where you want to perform a factory reset, and can’t remember the password, do it with the reset button instead of using the remote control. This way, all the passwords will be removed, and you’ll be able to use the factory default password, which is 0000 (4 zeroes).
However, sometimes, you do not want to lose all the data stored on your Element TV. So what to do in such situations? That’s when you can try using the master password for element TVs, and that is “8899.”
Simply enter this master code in the password slot, and then you can set a new password. After setting a new password, you can use the new code for initiating the factory reset.
Note: This master password works for most Element TV models; however, if it doesn’t work for you, then a factory reset without a remote is the only way to go.
Many Element TV users have used these methods to fix some common problems quickly, and you can do it too. However, sometimes the problem may not be solved with a soft or factory reset. So, if you have tried everything but none of the methods was of use, your TV’s warranty will come in handy. Call Element Electronics customer support and have a professional help you with the issue.