Learn how to quickly enable game mode on LG TV with and without a remote and enjoy a lag-free and smooth gaming experience on your Smart TV.
Want to get more out of your LG TV while playing FIFA, Call of Duty, Mario Kart, etc.? We highly recommend you enable game mode on your TV. When you activate the gaming mode on your LG Smart TV, its unnecessary features are disabled.
In return, you get a better refresh rate and more responsive outputs without any kind of lag. Switching to game mode depends on your TV brand. Some brands require you to enable it from the settings menu, while others require you to change the picture settings on your TV.
How To Enable Game Mode On LG TV [8 Ways]
To enable game mode on LG WebOS TV with remote, switch ON your TV. Press the ‘Settings’ button on your remote control. Next open ‘Picture Mode’ and enable ‘Game Mode’ from the list of options. To disable gaming mode on your LG TV choose the other modes like Cinema or Vivid.
How To Enable Game Mode On LG TV Without Remote
To activate gaming mode on LG HDTV without a remote, you can use the control panel on the TV.
Press the ‘Menu’ button and navigate using the Volume or Channel button. Open ‘settings’ and then select ‘picture mode’, switch the picture mode to ‘Game’.
There are some alternate methods as well, you can use the LG ThinQ app, any streaming device, or a mouse to control the LG Nanocell game mode settings and enable it.
Using LG TV Plus App
LG TV Plus app is available for Android and iOS devices. You can install it on your smartphone or tablet.
Follow these easy steps to access the settings on your TV using the LG TV Plus app:
- Launch the LG TV Plus app on your phone or tablet.
- Connect your smartphone/tablet and LG TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Pair the devices when the app detects the TV.
- A code will appear on the TV screen. Enter it on the app.
- Tap the Smart Home button on the app.
- From the menu, go to the settings.
- Select the picture mode and from options, select the game mode.
Using the ThinQ App
ThinQ app is the LG official application. You can install it from Google Playstore or App Store.
- Turn on your TV.
- Open the ThinQ app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap ‘+’ on the top of the phone or tablet screen.
- Navigate to home appliances and choose your TV model.
- A verification code will appear on your TV screen, enter it on the app.
Now you can change the settings on your LG TV with the help of buttons on the application’s homepage.
- Tap the settings button on the app.
- Go to the picture mode, and from the list of options, select game mode.
Using Other Applications
Some of the remote applications you may use to control your LG TV and access the settings menu are:
- Universal Remote
To use the universal remote application, you must have an IR blaster on your tablet or phone. Without it, your smartphone will not be able to send commands to the LG TV. The app is basic, with no additional features.
- Android Remote
It works for those LG TVs that are powered by Android. You can connect it to the TV using Wi-Fi.
- Amazon Fire TV Remote
It needs an Amazon Fire TV box to be used with it. Otherwise, it will not connect to your LG TV device.
Using a Mouse
You can use a wireless or wired mouse to change the settings on the LG TV. Learn how you can enable gaming mode using a mouse. Here are the quick steps:
- Connect the mouse to the USB port of your TV.
- Turn ON your TV.
- Press the menu button on the TV to open the settings menu.
- With the help of your mouse, go to the picture mode.
- Select the game mode from the options appearing on the screen.
Using Xbox One
If you have Xbox One connected to your LG TV, you can use it to change the settings on your TV too:
- Turn on your TV and Xbox One.
- Go to the settings on your Xbox One gaming console.
- Select TV and then select the OneGuide menu.
- Choose LG from device control options.
- Choose automatic and then choose to send the command from the prompt.
- On your controller, press the B button to access the power settings.
- Choose Xbox One turns on and turns off my device.
- Now, press the menu button on your TV screen.
- Navigate through the settings menu using the controller and select picture mode.
- Select the game mode from the list of options.
Using Amazon Fire Stick
Amazon Fire Stick allows you to access some of the functions on your LG TV. It means when you use the Amazon Fire, you do not need to install universal remote or LG TV apps on your smart devices. Here are the quick steps:
- Press the home button on your Amazon Fire Stick remote. It will turn on the TV.
- Now, press the menu button on the TV.
- Navigate to the settings menu using the controller.
- Choose the picture mode and then select the game mode.
How to fix the game mode greyed out on LG TV?
If your game mode is greyed out on LG TV, check the devices connected to it. It might be possible that the devices are connected to the wrong HDMI port. If this is not the case, power cycle your LG TV. Turn off the LG TV and unplug it from the power supply. For 15 to 30 seconds, press the power button on your LG TV. After 10 to 15 minutes, plug in your LG TV and turn it on.
What does a game mode do on LG TV?
The game mode on your LG TV disables some inessential features and makes your controller more responsive to the buttons you press. Hence, giving you a more exciting gaming experience. The game mode cuts all the unnecessary input lags. The picture quality on LG TV game mode might look bad to you, but that is not much important in gaming.
What is the difference between LG game mode VS standard?
The main difference between LG game mode and standard mode is performance. The game mode improves the performance of your TV for gaming purposes. It disables all unnecessary processing effects. The LG TV game mode lag is lessening down when you enable this feature. While the standard mode maintains the picture quality on the TV, giving it a more polished and HDR look. You may think of the game mode as the LG TV game optimizer, more responsive to all your clicks.
We hope our quick guide will help you enable the game mode on your LG TV. We recommend using the LG original remote to access the settings. However, if it is misplaced or malfunctioning, you can use the alternate options. If you are still unable to access the game mode or facing any other technical issue, contact the LG support team for further guidance.