Today, I will share the exact step-by-step guide I followed to find lost firestick remote within 30 seconds.
Whenever I lose something, I wish there was a beep-like system in the objects to find them, just like I call on my mobile phone whenever I can’t find it. And the ringing tone helps me to pinpoint where my device is.
Surprisingly, Amazon has launched a firestick remote control with a similar feature. It is the Alexa voice remote pro. It has a remote-finder feature. You can conveniently locate your remote with a simple voice command, ‘Alexa, Find My Remote,’ whenever you can’t find it. You may also like to check out the how to connect Firestick to WiFi without remote and how to reset firestick without remote.
Table of Contents
How To Find Lost Firestick Remote [Within 30 Seconds]
Following are the ways to find your lost firestick remote and alternate ways to control your device without a remote.
Use the Fire TV Mobile App to Locate Your Remote
Despite the fact that you can control your Amazon Fire TV remote with your voice commands, you need another Amazon device with Alexa to locate it when lost.
You can use the Alexa app on your smartphone, Amazon Echo, or any device with Alexa to find the remote.
When you command Alexa to find the remote on your mobile phone app or echo, the remote produces a specific sound that informs you about its location. In order to use the remote finder feature on your mobile app, you need to:
- Pair your Fire TV Stick with the Alexa voice firestick remote.
- You also need another Alexa device to take your voice commands.
- Ensure your fire TV and Alexa devices are registered to the same Amazon account.
- The distance between the remote and Fire TV stick must be less than 30 feet.
- Ensure your Fire TV Stick is ON. You must connect your Fire Stick’s power cable to the provided power adapter. If you provide it power through your TV’s USB port, it will turn OFF whenever you turn it off.
- Download and install the Amazon Fire TV App on your smartphone. Connect the app with the same TV to which your remote is connected.
- You can press the ‘Remote finder’ button on the mobile app remote to locate the firestick.
- Within 30 seconds, the remote will start ringing.
- It will keep ringing for 5 minutes or until you press any button on the remote.
Use Any Amazon Device with Alexa
To find the remote, you can also use your voice command ‘Alexa, Find My Remote’ on any Amazon device, like the Echo dot. The remote will start ringing within 30 seconds of the command, and you can grab it. Like the Fire TV app, you can also use the Alexa app to find the remote.
Alternate Ways to Use Fire TV Stick If You Have Lost Your Remote
Use Fire TV Mobile App
If you have lost your Fire TV remote and cannot locate it, you can use the Amazon Fire TV app on your smartphone. It helps you to navigate the menu and control your TV effortlessly.
Use a Replacement Remote
You can also get a replacement remote for your Fire TV Stick. Amazon has multiple universal remotes with or without voice control options. You can purchase one and enjoy endless streaming.
Use Your TV Remote
You can also use your TV’s remote to control the firestick. You can enable the HDMI-CEC on your TV before connecting the firestick to the TV’s HDMI port.
What Would I Do If I Lost My Fire Stick Remote?
If your remote has the ‘Remote Finder’ feature, you can find your lost fire stick remote using the voice command. Otherwise, you can use the Amazon mobile app remote to control the TV or buy a replacement remote. Your Fire TV remote can also control the firestick.
Can Alexa Find My Firestick Remote?
Yes, Alexa can help you find your firestick remote. Use the command ‘Alexa, find my remote’ on any amazon device with Alexa (Echo dot) or the mobile apps (Alexa and Fire TV). The voice remote has a built-in speaker that will create a sound and inform you about the remote’s location.
Can I Replace My Fire TV Remote?
Yes, you can replace it conveniently whether you have your old remote or not.
- If you don’t have the old remote, just power OFF the TV, unplug, and replug it. The new remote will automatically pair with the TV or (if not) for pairing a new firestick remote, press and hold the Home button on the remote until the pairing notification appears on the TV screen.
- If you have the old remote and still want to replace it with a newer and better remote, you can follow these steps: Press and hold the Home button on the new remote for 10 seconds -> when the new remote’s light starts flashing, go to ‘Settings’ with the old remote -> ‘Controllers & Bluetooth Devices’ -> ‘Amazon Fire TV Remotes’ -> ‘Add New Remote’ -> now with your old remote select the new remote name -> it is paired.
What Happens If You Lose Your Amazon Fire Stick?
Your Amazon Fire Stick is connected to your Amazon account. When you lose it, or someone steals it, he can buy movies and apps with your account. To stay safe, you must deregister your firestick.
For this, go to the Amazon website, log in, and ‘Manage your content and devices’ -> select ‘Your devices’ -> select your lost Fire TV Stick -> select ‘Deregister’ -> ‘Confirm.’
Also, contact the Amazon customer services team and inform them about the lost Fire Stick.
Can I Use Firestick Without a Remote?
Yes, you can use a firestick without a remote. You can control it with the following:
- Amazon fire TV app
- Bluetooth devices (keyboard or mouse)
- Firestick replacement remote
- Your TV remote
You can conveniently control various functions of your firestick with the Amazon remote, but it also allows you to find it when lost. Give a simple voice command, and Alexa will help you to find the lost firestick remote. Along with the remote finder feature, the voice pro remote also has a motion-sensitive backlight feature. This feature helps you to operate and locate the remote in the dark or low light. This remote is my favorite, and I hope our guide is helpful.