If your Firestick remote is missing, don’t worry! Amazon has introduced an amazin remote finding feature that helps you to quickly locate your device remote control.
You can conveniently locate your remote with a simple voice command, ‘Alexa, Find My Remote,’ whenever you can’t find it.
To find a lost Firestick remote instantly, you can use the remote finder feature. Say “Find My Remote” to any Alexa-powered device, the Alexa, or Fire TV mobile app.
How To Find Lost Firestick Remote [Within 30 Seconds]
Following are the ways to find your missing firestick remote and alternate ways to control your device without a remote.
Use the Fire TV Mobile App to Locate Your Remote
Ensure following things before you use the remote finder feature:
- Your Fire Stick is paired with Alexa Voice Remote Pro.
- Your Alexa device and the Fire Stick must be registered with the same Amazon account so that they can communicate.
- The Alexa voice remote pro must be within 10 meters or 30 feet of the paired Fire Stick to be detected.
- Your paired Fire Stick must be powered on for the remote feature to work efficiently.
- Verify that your Amazon Fire Stick is powered by connecting the power cable to a power outlet using the provided power adaptor. It must not be powered by a USB port on your TV.
Steps To Find The Remote
- Say “Find my remote” to any Amazon device supporting Alexa, such as an Echo device, the Fire TV app, or the Alexa app.
- Alternatively, click on the “Remote Finder” icon on the Fire TV app’s Remote tab.
- Wait for the remote to ring, which can take up to 30 seconds.
- The ringing will continue for about 5 minutes.
- Look for the remote during this time. Once found, press any button on it to stop the ringing sound.
Use Any Amazon Device with Alexa
To find the remote, you can also use your voice command ‘Alexa, Find My Remote’ function on any Amazon device, like the Echo dot.
The remote will start ringing within 30 seconds of the command, and you can grab it.
Like the Fire TV app, you can also use the Alexa app to find the remote.
Ways to Use Fire TV Stick If You Have Lost Your Remote
Use Fire TV Mobile App
If you have lost your Fire TV remote and cannot locate it, you can use the Amazon Fire TV app on your smartphone. It helps you to navigate the menu and control your TV effortlessly.
Use a Replacement Remote
You can also get a replacement remote for your Fire TV Stick. Amazon has multiple universal remotes with or without voice control options. You can purchase one and enjoy endless streaming.
Use Your TV Remote
You can also use your TV’s remote to control the firestick. You can enable the HDMI-CEC on your TV before connecting the firestick to the TV’s HDMI port.
What Would I Do If I Lost My Fire Stick Remote?
If your remote has the ‘Remote Finder’ feature, you can find your lost fire stick remote using the voice command. Otherwise, you can use the Amazon mobile app remote to control the TV or buy a replacement remote. Your Fire TV remote can also control the firestick.
Can Alexa Find My Firestick Remote?
Yes, Alexa can help you find your firestick remote. Use the command ‘Alexa, find my remote’ on any amazon device with Alexa (Echo dot) or the mobile apps (Alexa and Fire TV). The voice remote has a built-in speaker that will create a sound and inform you about the remote’s location.
Can I Replace My Fire TV Remote?
Yes, you can replace it conveniently whether you have your old remote or not.
- If you don’t have the old remote, just power OFF the TV, unplug, and replug it. The new remote will automatically pair with the TV or (if not) for pairing a new firestick remote, press and hold the Home button on the remote until the pairing notification appears on the TV screen.
- If you have the old remote and still want to replace it with a newer and better remote, you can follow these steps: Press and hold the Home button on the new remote for 10 seconds -> when the new remote’s light starts flashing, go to ‘Settings’ with the old remote -> ‘Controllers & Bluetooth Devices’ -> ‘Amazon Fire TV Remotes’ -> ‘Add New Remote’ -> now with your old remote select the new remote name -> it is paired.
What Happens If You Lose Your Amazon Fire Stick?
Your Amazon Fire Stick is connected to your Amazon account. When you lose it, or someone steals it, he can buy movies and apps with your account. To stay safe, you must deregister your firestick.
For this, go to the Amazon website, log in, and ‘Manage your content and devices’ -> select ‘Your devices’ -> select your lost Fire TV Stick -> select ‘Deregister’ -> ‘Confirm.’
Also, contact the Amazon customer services team and inform them about the lost Fire Stick.
Can I Use Firestick Without a Remote?
Yes, you can use a firestick without a remote. You can control it with the following:
- Amazon fire TV app
- Bluetooth devices (keyboard or mouse)
- Firestick replacement remote
- Your TV remote
You may also like to check out:
You can conveniently control various functions of your firestick with the Amazon remote, but it also allows you to find it when lost. Give a simple voice command, and Alexa will help you to find the lost firestick remote. Along with the remote finder feature, the voice pro remote also has a motion-sensitive backlight feature. This feature helps you to operate and locate the remote in the dark or low light. This remote is my favorite, and I hope our guide is helpful.