LG tablets are durable but from time to time they may experience different issues which include lagging, freezing, internet connectivity problem, etc. If you are here, I assume you are one of the victims of these issues and want to get rid of them.
Earlier I guided you to reset the Alcatel tablet and now I will share steps to restore your LG tab to factory default and fix all bugs and glitches. Though a hard reset will clear all the data and settings from your LG tab but will make the device like a newborn.
To hard reset LG tablet hold the power and volume down buttons at the same time. You will enter the system recovery mode and have these options on your screen: continue reboot, factory data reset, wipe cache, and Safe mode boot. Select the reset option to restore your device to factory default settings.
How To Reset LG Tablet
We advise you to begin with a soft reset. It can be done by restarting your device. If it doesn’t work then you need to factory reset your LG tablet, here’s how you can do that.
NOTE: Before proceeding make sure your LG tablet is fully charged.
1. Switch ON your tab
2. Simultaneously hold the ‘Power’ and ‘Volume Down’ button and wait until the device restarts.
3. When the LG logo appears on the screen release the ‘Power’ button and hold it again. Try to do it quickly.
4. Repeat step 3 after every 3-4 seconds until you see the ‘Factory Data Reset’ screen on your tab.
5. Use the ‘volume +’ or ‘volume -’ button for navigation and the power button for selection.
6. A message on your screen “Erase all use data & restore default settings?”, select ‘Yes’ and press the power button.
7. The device will ask you to confirm, select ‘Yes’ again.
8. Your LG tablet will reboot and start the restoring process. Sit back and relax, as this process will take several minutes.
9. Once the factory reset is complete, you need to set up your LG tablet again.
I tried this method and it worked, if you face any problems, you can post them in the comments box.
The procedure to reset the LG tablet without a password is the same as above. You don’t have to perform any extra steps.
With the given method you can hard reset LG g pad 7.0, at&t tablet, lk460, v521, v495, and many other devices.
Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet
Is there a reset button on LG tablet?
No, there is no dedicated reset button on the LG tablet. You need to use the power and volume-down buttons to reset your device.
What factory reset does to LG tablet?
Factory reset will make your LG tablet like it was when you used it for the first time. All the data will be removed, the cache cleared, and customized settings and passwords will be deleted. This also clears all the malware, viruses, bugs, and glitches from your device and improves its performance.
What do I do if I forget my LG tablet password?
If you have forgotten your LG tablet pin or password, resetting the device will remove all the passwords from your device. But keep one thing in mind this will erase everything from the tab.
Sometimes we download harmful apps or perform some actions due to which the tablet starts malfunctioning. If your LG tab has also started behaving abnormally, you can factory reset LG tablet to fix all the issues. However, the only downside of this action is, that you will lose all stored data. Hope you will be able to get rid of all your LG tablet bugs, by following our guide, let us know in the comments if there is any question.