In this post, you will learn where is reset button on Roku remote. We have shared an image and video of the exact location.
Every Roku device comes with its specific remote controller. Each remote has its unique features. Some work on Infrared technology, while others use WiFi to control the device.
You need to put triple-A batteries in some remotes, while others have rechargeable batteries. Whichever Roku remote you have, it can get stuck at times.
It can be completely unresponsive, or only one button stops responding. In such situations, a simple reset can bring you out of trouble. You may also like to check how to reset Roku stick with remote.
Where Is Reset Button On Roku Remote? [Exact Location]
- The reset button is under the battery compartment in most of the Roku remotes.
- As there is no battery compartment in the Roku voice remote pro, see the back side of the remote, you can find the reset button at its bottom.
Reasons For Resetting Your Roku Express Remote
There can be many reasons that may lead to a resetting process. The most common is that your Roku remote has stopped syncing with the TV. Let’s have a quick look at the other possible reasons.
- A specific button on the Roku remote is not working
- Volume keys are not responding
- Blinking light on the Roku remote
- Wireless connection issues
- Roku remote is not responding with new batteries
How to Reset Roku Remote
Following is the step-by-step guide on how to reset your enhanced Roku remote.
- Remove the batteries from your Roku remote.
- Unplug your Roku player’s power cable. Wait for 5-10 seconds and plug it back again.
- Insert the batteries in the remote when you see the Roku home screen on the TV.
- Now press and hold the reset button located in the battery compartment for about 5 seconds.
- You will have the flashing pairing light on your remote. (All Roku remotes don’t have this pairing light indicator).
- It will take 30 seconds for the re-pairing process to complete.
- You will see a notification on your TV screen when the pairing process is completed.
If your remote doesn’t have a pairing button, you must check this guide on how to reset Roku remote without pairing button.
Do all roku remotes have an indicator light with the reset button?
Not all Roku remotes have an indicator light with a reset button. Older Roku remotes only have the pairing button without an indicator light.
What is the difference between pairing and reset buttons?
Actually, there is no ‘Reset’ button on a Roku remote. However, it has a pairing button that is used to reset and re-pair the remote. So, technically, there is no difference between the two. The pairing button on the Roku remote is the reset button too.
What if my Roku remote doesn’t have a reset button?
If your Roku remote does not have a reset button, it is a simple Roku stick remote. It does not need to be reset. However, if you are facing problems with the remote, you can fix it by cleaning the battery compartment, replacing old batteries, or cleaning remote buttons from dust and debris.
How do I manually reset my Roku remote?
You can manually reset your Roku remote by:
- Remove the batteries
- Unplug your Roku device
- Wait for 10 seconds
- Replug the device
- Switch On the TV and wait for the Home screen to appear
- Insert the batteries
- Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds
- After 30 seconds, your remote will be re-paired and reset.
What happens when you reset your Roku remote?
The remote gets refreshed. It gets paired with the Roku device again. You can also pair it with a new Roku device after resetting it. Also, if the remote is not working properly and is unresponsive, a quick reset will fix all glitches, and your remote will function adequately afterward.
It’s A Wrap
Sometimes, due to some internet issues or technical glitches, your Roku remote stops responding to the commands. Before heading towards other troubleshooting methods, you must always reset your Roku remote. Resetting can solve many minor issues. Your remote gets refreshed and performs well again. I hope the article was helpful. For more information about Roku devices, feel free to comment below.