In this post, we have shared step-by-step instructions to reset Sharp Aquos TV with and without a remote in less than a minute.
Sharp Aquos is a high-definition TV. This top-quality television usually runs smoothly. However, you may face different issues over time.
The solution varies from problem to problem, but there is one fix that works in 99% of the cases, and that is resetting the sharp Aquos TV.
If you don’t know how to reset your Sharp Aquos TV to the default settings, we have got you covered and mentioned methods to hard reset the sharp TV.
Table of Contents
Factory Reset Sharp Aquos TV With Remote
Here’s what you need to do to restore the Sharp TV to factory settings using a remote control.
- Switch on your Sharp Aquos TV.
- Locate and press the “Menu” button on the remote control.
- Now, select the “Picture” option and press enter.
- Scroll down the sub-menu, select the “Advanced” option, and press enter.
- Now you’ll have three different sub-menus opened on the screen.
- Go to the “General” sub-menu and enter the “Factory Reset TV” option.
- Enter your Sharp Aquos TV passcode, and the TV will reboot.
- Once the Sharp Aquos TV turns on again, it’ll be restored to its factory settings, and you can set up your TV from scratch.
Factory Reset Sharp Aquos TV Without Remote
You can use the button panel on your Sharp Aquos TV to reset your TV without a remote control.
- Now, hold down the “Volume Down” and “Input” buttons on the TV’s button panel simultaneously.
- While still holding down the buttons, plug the power cord back into the TV.
- Now, wait for the TV to reboot and then release the buttons.
- Once the TV has turned on, press the “Channel down” and “Volume down” buttons simultaneously.
- The service menu will appear on your Sharp TV screen.
- Now use the buttons to scroll through the service menu, locate the “Reset” option and enter (menu button).
- The TV will reboot and will be restored to its factory settings.
Where Is the Reset Button on Sharp Aquos TV?
There is no reset button on the Sharp Aquos TV. However, you can reset it by pressing the volume and input buttons in a specific manner. The method is described below:
- Unplug the TV from the main power source.
- On your Sharp Aquos TV panel, press and hold the input and volume down keys simultaneously.
- Plug the TV back into the wall socket.
- Leave the buttons as soon as you see a blue box at the top left corner of your TV screen.
- Now press and hold the volume down and channel down buttons at the same time on your remote.
- A menu will pop up on your TV screen.
- Now by using the down arrow button on your remote, go to Industry INIT.
- Turn the Industry INIT On by using the right arrow button on your remote.
- Now press enter to activate Industry INIT.
- You can see ‘Industry INIT Success’ on your TV screen.
- Unplug your TV and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
- Your TV is the factory reset.
How Do I Soft Reset My Sharp Aquos TV?
Press the gear icon on the Home screen of your Sharp Aquos TV. Under the General section, scroll, and find the Reset button. Press the button to soft reset your TV.
How Do I Start My Sharp Aquos TV without the Remote?
You can turn your Sharp TV On without a remote by:
- Pressing the power button on the TV panel.
- If you have enabled the CEC feature on your Sharp Aquos TV, then you can control it with the help of Chromecast and Google Home.
Resetting your Sharp Aquos TV is the best way to remove glitches, enhance speed, return it to default settings, or simply clean the memory before reselling. You can do it by navigating the settings. Also, by pressing the buttons on the TV panel in the above-mentioned way you can reset your Sharp TV. I hope this write-up was helpful. You can comment below if you have any suggestions or queries.