If your Peloton is unresponsive, frequently freezing, or has any other issue, factory resetting the Peloton Bike, Bike+, & Treadmill can fix everything.
Despite the ergonomic design, many options in resistance, and high quality of Peloton exercise bikes and treadmills, sometimes you have to face some challenges, especially after software updates.
Sometimes, your bike may freeze randomly, show faulty resistance levels, or WiFi-related issues. To solve these issues, the first trick that is quick and easy is to reset your Peloton equipment.
How To Reset Peloton Bike, Bike+, And Treadmill
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to reset the Peloton indoor exercise machine.
- Turn Off the touch screen. Press and hold the power button present at the top of the touch panel and select ‘Shut down.’
- When the screen is powered off, press and hold the power and volume up key. Simultaneously. When the Peloton logo appears on the screen, release the buttons.
- Now, your Peloton touchscreen is in recovery mode.
- By using the volume up/down keys, go to the ‘Erase [all user] Data/Factory Reset’ option and press the power key to select it
- Press the power button again when you see the ‘Yes – remove all user data’ message on the screen.
- When the data is removed, select ‘Reboot System Now.’
- Your system will restart, connect it to the WiFi network, and follow the on-screen instructions to get back on track.
How To Perform A Basic Or Factory Reset If The Peloton Touch Screen Is Unresponsive?
In case your Peloton touchscreen is unresponsive, you can use an alternate way to reset the bike and treadmill.
You can connect an external mouse or keyboard to your Peloton workout machine and navigate the settings. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- At the back of your Peloton touchscreen, there is a USB port. Connect your USB keyboard or mouse to this port.
- Now, by using the mouse, click on the three dots present at the bottom right of the touch screen or ‘Settings’ at the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to ‘Device Settings’
- Click on ‘Personal – Backup & Reset’
- Click on ‘Factory Data Reset’
- Confirm when prompted
- It will take about approx. three minutes to clear all data from your Peloton tablet and reset the device
- Once the process is completed, your machine will automatically restart and connect to the internet. The bike/tread will automatically download the latest software version. Then, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Note: The procedure, as mentioned above, may vary in some models.
What To Do If The Peloton Factory Reset Not Working?
You can use an alternative recovery mode if restoring Peloton fitness equipment to factory settings seems impossible by following the above-mentioned methods.
Accessing Alternative Recovery Mode On Peloton Bike
- Unplug the bike from the main power source
- Wait for 30 seconds
- Plug the power cable back in
- There is a power button at the back of the bike; turn it ON.
- Wait until the screen displays the Peloton logo.
- Once the logo is displayed, press and hold the volume down and back button simultaneously
- When the screen displays ‘Android Recovery, ’ release the buttons
- Now use the volume buttons to select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset,’ press the power button to select it
- Select ‘Yes’ by pressing the power button again.
- Now wait until the process completes
- Once completed, select ‘Reboot System Now’ by pressing the power button.
Note: This method is applicable to all Peloton bike models.
Accessing Alternative Recovery Mode On Peloton Treadmill
- Unplug the tread
- After 30 seconds, plug it back in.
- Press and hold the ‘Stop’ and ‘Speed +’ buttons simultaneously until the screen displays ‘Factory Settings’
- Release the buttons
- To confirm the reset, press the ‘Incline +’ button
- Wait for the process to complete
- Once the process is completed, you will see a ‘Please Wait’ message on the screen. After that, the treadmill will restart automatically.
Note: Do not turn off or disconnect the tread until the process is completed.
Why Do You Need To Reset The Peloton Bike, Bike Plus, And Treadmill?
These are some of the most common issues you may experience with your Peloton cycle and treadmills.
- Buffering issues
- Issues with Bluetooth synchronization
- ‘No command’ error
- Peloton won’t turn on
- WiFi streaming and connectivity issues
- The bike shows no metrics
- Other devices not connecting (Apple watch, headphones, or heart monitor device)
- Bike resistance is not showing up
Why Is The Peloton Factory Reset Not Working?
If you are unable to factory reset your Peloton bike/tread, the following are some of the reasons you must know.
- Incorrect reset procedure
- Hardware issue (something wrong in the inner circuits)
- Corrupted files in the cache
What Do You Do If Your Peloton Won’t Turn On?
Following are some reasons behind your Peloton not turning on.
- Power cable/supply issue
- Software/hardware issues with the tablet
- Issues with the USB-C connection
What To Do When Peloton Freezes?
The first thing to do is to restart the device.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the Peloton turns Off
- Unplug the machine from the main power source
- Wait for 30 seconds and plug it back in
- Now press and hold the power button again for 10 seconds to turn it on
If this simple restart process fails to solve the issue, you must reset Peloton to factory settings by following the above-mentioned methods.
With proper maintenance and software updates, you can keep your Peloton bike and treadmill up to date and also reduce the chances of any potential issues in the future. However, who can stop the unexpected? For such situations, I hope the above-mentioned tricks and methods are helpful for you to reset your bike and tread and put things back in place. For any queries or suggestions, we are open. Please comment in the section below!
- Roku Asking For Pin To Add Channel [Here’s An Easy Way Out] - November 28, 2023
- How To Turn Off Voice On Vizio TV  - November 24, 2023
- How To Reset Toshiba TV With & Without Remote  - November 24, 2023