In this post, we have shared different methods to factory reset Viewsonic monitor. Doing so will fix all the glitches your monitor have.
If you or someone else has messed up your Viewsonic monitor settings then performing a reset and restoring the monitor to default settings will fix everything. Not only that a reset is also very useful if there is a frozen screen or the menu is not working issue.
You are here, so assuming that you are looking for a guide to factory reset the Viewsonic monitor for whatever reason, you will get what you are looking for! The steps are very different from resetting Dell Monitor and the BenQ monitor reset.
Table of Contents
How To Reset Viewsonic Monitor 
If you don’t want to remove any custom settings from your Viewsonic monitor and only want to fix some issues, then try a soft reset first.
However, in order to restore your Viewsonic monitor to its factory settings, these are the steps that you need to follow:
- Switch OFF your Viewsonic monitor from the AC power button.
- Now, locate the “Plus” or “Up” button on the monitor.
- Next, you need to press the “Plus/Up” and “Power” buttons simultaneously and hold them down.
- While still holding down the buttons, switch ON the AC power button.
- Do not release the buttons until you see the message “All Reset” appear on your monitor screen.
- Now, you can set the settings of your Viewsonic just the way you want.
Hard Reset ViewSonic Monitor Using the On-Screen Menu
While resetting the Viewsonic monitor using the buttons is much easier. Different models of Viewsonic monitors have different button layouts, which is why we’ll explain all the possible methods for you:
Monitor with a 1, 2 Button Layout
- Press the “1” button to open the menu on your Viewsonic monitor.
- Now, using the “Arrow” buttons, scroll through the menu.
- Scroll all the way down and enter the “Memory Recall” option.
- Switch ON your Viewsonic monitor.
- Now, press the “Menu/Enter” button present on the front of your monitor.
- Using the + and – buttons, scroll through the menu and enter the “Special” option.
- Scroll down this submenu and enter the “Reset” option.
- When you do this, your monitor will automatically restore its settings to the factory state.
Monitors with a Button Panel on the Backside
- Locate the button panel on the backside of your monitor.
- Now, press the second button from the top in order to open the menu.
- Scroll to the “Setup Menu” in the on-screen menu using the arrow buttons.
- Next, you need to enter the “Memory Recall” option.
Compatibility: The above-mentioned reset instructions are compatible with ViewSonic ifp7550, vt2430, ifp6550, vx3276-MHD, vsd243, and many other models.
Troubleshooting ViewSonic Monitor
At times, you can fix your Viewsonic monitor by performing some quick actions yourself. So, if the soft reset didn’t help, you can try using this troubleshooting guide before you go for a factory reset.
For this issue, you should check whether you have turned on the monitor or not. Also, check the power cord and see if it’s plugged in properly. If this is not the problem, the issue is probably in the power socket. Plugin some other electric device in the socket and see if it works or not.
No Image On the Screen
The issue is probably in the video cable. You should always check whether the cable is plugged in properly for any image-related issues. Also, make sure that the cable isn’t worn out; if that’s the case, you’ll need to replace it with a new one. It’s also a great idea to check and adjust the contrast and brightness settings.
No Audio Output
First, check the volume; increase the volume if it’s at zero. However, if you’re using headphones or earphones, check if the mini stereo jack is connected properly. Lastly, if the issue persists, check the Audio input setting.
How do I fix the ViewSonic no signal?
No signal indicates that the source you’ve selected for your monitor doesn’t have any signal on it. Simply go to the “Input Select” option in the menu and change the video input source, and you are good to go.
Where is the Menu button on a ViewSonic monitor?
For most ViewSonic monitors, the button panel, including the “Menu” button, is present at the front. However, some models have button panels at their sides or at the back of the display. Moreover, different models have different buttons for the “Menu.” In some models, it’s named “Menu,” while in others, it can be “1,” “2,” or “Enter.”
We hope that with the help of this guide, you’ll be able to fix and reset your ViewSonic monitor. For tiny issues and clearing customized settings quickly, resetting is a perfect solution. Performing a reset restores your monitor to the factory state. However, the issue remains even after performing a reset you can get in contact with ViewSonic customer support and let them solve the problem.