Reset Polaroid TV with or without the remote is the best solution to troubleshoot your television with any problem. Learn how to do it properly.
Polaroid TV is reliable and has good audio/video quality. However, with all the pluses, the TV sometimes shows minor and major issues (which all TVs may show after some time).
The issue can be related to the screen (unresponsive or blank), slow streaming, or overheating. Whatever the reason is, resetting is your friend. It is convenient and, most of the time, effective too.
Table of Contents
How To Soft Reset/Power Cycle Polaroid TV
Most Polaroid TVs have power buttons on the TV panel. They are located either at the back of the TV or under the TV at the front.
At the same time, some models do not have a power button. We will tell you the method to soft reset your TV in both cases.
Soft Reset Polaroid TV With A Power Button
If you have a Polaroid TV that has a power button, follow these steps to soft reset it.
- Turn the TV Off.
- Unplug it from the main power source.
- Press and hold the power button on the TV panel for 20 seconds.
- Leave the button, wait for a minute, and replug it in the socket.
Soft Reset Polaroid TV Without A Power Button
In case you have a Polaroid TV that doesn’t have a power button, you can soft reset it by following these steps.
- Turn Off the TV and unplug it from the power source.
- Disconnect any external devices connected to the TV.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Now re-plug the TV into the wall socket.
- You have successfully soft reset your Polaroid LCD TV.
Hard or Factory Reset Polaroid TV With Remote
If the issue in your TV is not resolved after performing a soft reset, then you need to do a hard reset. A hard reset will return your TV to its original settings.
The method to factory reset your Polaroid TV with the remote that came with your TV is mentioned below.
- Press the Menu button on the remote.
- By using the up and down arrow keys, go to Setup and press OK
- Then select Factory Reset and press OK.
- Press OK again when prompted.
Wait and let the TV complete the resetting process. Meanwhile, your TV may flicker, change screen color, and turn OFF and ON again automatically.
Reset Polaroid TV Without Remote
Unfortunately, there is no way you can factory reset your Polaroid TV without a remote controller. This is because Polaroid TVs don’t have a reset button.
However, if your Polaroid TV is showing up a black screen, is stuck on the logo, or has sound without a picture, then try this:
Turn the TV Off -> unplug it from the main power socket -> unplug all the connected external devices -> leave it for an hour, -> replug the TV into a wall socket.
Now turn the TV On. Hopefully, it will work fine now.
Where Is The Power Button On My Polaroid TV?
You can look for a power button either at the back side of your Polaroid TV or at the front bottom of the TV.
If you didn’t find the button, it means your Polaroid TV doesn’t have a power button.
Where Is The Reset Button On Polaroid TV?
Polaroid TVs don’t have a reset button. So, don’t waste your time in searching a button.
Why Isn’t My Polaroid TV Turning On?
If your Polaroid TV won’t turn On, shows a red light, or the sound is coming out well without showing the images, the reasons can range from minor to severe.
Let’s start with the minor ones.
- A software glitch
- Bugs in the temporary files
- Faulty or loose cables
- Dust accumulation on the connectors
- Some hardware issues are like the faulty backlight or power supply board.
How Do I Re-Tune My Polaroid TV?
To re-tune your Polaroid smart TV, follow these steps:
- Press the Menu button on your TV remote
- Scroll down, select Installation, and press OK.
- Select Automatic Channel Scan
- After that, select your connection type – Digital or Analogue.
- Your TV will now start scanning the channels.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Once the search is over, you’ll be prompted to choose your region.
- Choose your region, select Save, and press OK
- Your Polaroid TV is re-tuned successfully.
Sometimes we oversee minor issues and simple solutions. Whenever your TV shows some problem, it is recommended to start with minor issues and simple solutions. A power cycle/soft reset can solve many minor issues (without deleting the data or personal settings), including infected temporary files or minor glitches in the software. However, if a soft reset fails, reset your TV to its original settings. I hope this article was helpful. Comment below if you want more information regarding the Polaroid TV.