Hisense Roku TVs are equipped with captivating features and countless options. If you fail to perform one feature due to malfunctioning or absence of remote, you can use an alternate method to perform the same function.
A lot of people were asking about sharing multiple ways for connecting a Hisense Roku smart TV to the internet when the remote is not working. I have gathered all the solutions that you can utilize to connect your Roku TV to the internet.
How To Connect Hisense Roku TV To WiFi Without Remote?
Below are some ways that I tested and was able to successfully connect Hisense TV to the internet manually. You can try any of them and enjoy streaming your favorite shows!
Using Roku App For WiFi Connectivity
You can control your Hisense TV with your mobile phone by installing the Roku remote app. Usually, you need to have your phone and TV connected to the same WiFi network to use the virtual remote.
But Hisense TV’s infrared sensor allows you to control your TV with your phone having an IR blaster (which most Android phones have).
Let’s jump on to the step by step guide using Roku app on iPhone or an Android device.
Connecting Hisense Roku TV to WiFi Using Android Phone
- Download and install The Roku App on your Android phone from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app. Select the option ‘Devices’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Select ‘Add a Device’
- Here, you will see all the available devices, including your Hisense Roku TV.
- Select your TV name.
- You will see a pin code on your TV screen. Enter that code on your smartphone.
- Now, your Android phone is connected to your TV.
- Use your phone to navigate to Settings -> Network -> Wireless -> Select your WiFi and enter the password to connect your Hisense Roku TV to WiFi.
Connecting Hisense Roku TV to WiFi Using iPhone
- For your iPhone, download The Roku App from the Apple store.
- After installation, search for your Roku device name in the app and connect it.
- After connecting your iPhone to your Roku TV, you willl see a remote on your mobile screen.
- Now go to your Roku TV Settings -> Network -> Wireless and connect your TV to a WiFi network.
Use The Physical Buttons On Hisense Roku TV
Another easy method that I am going to discuss is to use the physical buttons or the joystick present on your Hisense Roku TV panel. You can find these buttons on either side of the TV back panel.
To use these buttons, follow these steps:
- Use the joystick or the main menu button and go to ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Network Settings’
- Click on ‘Network Configuration’
- Choose your WiFi network and enter the password.
- Click ‘Connect’
Note: This method is applicable to only those Hisense Roku models that have physical buttons or a joystick on their panel.
Using USB Devices (Keyboard/Mouse)
Connecting your Hisense Roku TV to a USB keyboard or mouse is not a complex method. All you need to do is insert the USB adapter into the USB port of your TV, and it’s set to work. However, if you are unsure about how to do it, the following is a step-by-step guide.
- Turn your Hisense TV On with the physical power button on the TV panel.
- Insert the wireless USB adapter of your keyboard/mouse into the USB port at the back of your Hisense TV.
- Now, use the device you have connected (mouse/keyboard) to navigate and open settings on Hisense TV without a remote.
- Establish a network connection by navigating the network configuration.
Alternate Ways To Connect Hisense Roku TV To Internet
Here are some other ways that you can use to hook up your Roku TV to the internet:
Connect Hisense Roku TV To Internet Using A LAN Cable
For this method, you need to have the following:
- A Hisense TV with a LAN port (ethernet port) (Not all Hisense Roku TVs have an ethernet port).
- Hisense RemoteNow app on your smartphone.
This method works by attaching an ethernet cable from the router to the TV and bypassing the WiFi network. I have mentioned below the steps of connecting Hisense Roku TV to the internet without a remote via ethernet.
- Connect an ethernet cable from the LAN port of your router to the TV.
- Turn the TV On by pressing the power button located on the TV panel. As you have connected the TV to the router via an ethernet cable, you don’t need to go to settings to connect the TV to the internet. The TV is already connected to the network.
- Now, connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network.
- Download and install the RemoteNow app on your mobile phone.
- As your TV and phone are on the same network, you can use the virtual remote to control the TV.
- Now go to ‘Settings’ and in the ‘Network Configuration’ menu, find your desired WiFi connection name.
- After connecting to the WiFi network, you can now unplug the ethernet cable from your TV.
Get A Universal Remote – A Permanent Solution
Meanwhile, when you are trying different methods that I have mentioned above to connect your Hisense Roku TV to WiFi, you can also order a new universal remote.
There are many brands that manufacture high-quality universal remotes which can control multiple devices simultaneously. So, you can get one and enjoy a hassle-free life just with one remote.
You may have any reason for not having a TV remote with you. You might have lost it, it’s broken, or it’s just not functioning properly due to some glitch. Whatever the reason is, it must not be the cause behind missing your favorite show. You can choose any method mentioned above that is most convenient for you to get access to your TV’s settings menu. Connect your TV to the WiFi and enjoy the endless fun!