In this post, we will share multiple methods for performing a factory reset on Microsoft Surface Go 3. The procedure is simple and you can do it easily.
Microsoft Surface Go 3 is the best choice device for people who use laptops while traveling, college students, and those who do light computing at the office. It is the best-budget 2-in-1 laptop with a touch and digital pen. But sometimes Microsoft Surface Go 3 becomes unresponsive and gets stuck on the Windows logo, if you are experiencing such issues, it is time to reset your device.
Reset will wipe all the data from your device and clear all the issues that were causing trouble. We will guide you on how to soft, hard or master reset your Microsoft Surface Go 3 laptop. You can try any or all of these methods, whichever works for you.
Table of Contents
How To Factory Reset Microsoft Surface Go 3 
Factory reset or master reset will remove all the data from your Surface Go 3, and restore it to the default settings. Here are the simple steps to reset the Surface 3 Windows laptop:
- Go to the settings menu and choose the system tab.
- Click on the recovery and then select Reset this PC.
- Now, click on remove everything.
- Choose your preferred option: Cloud download or local install.
- Now select next and then reset.
Alternate Methods to Reset Surface Go 3 Laptop
If you cannot do the factory reset following the steps mentioned above, try the alternate reset methods.
- On the login screen, tap on the middle (little guy) icon.
- Enable the on-screen keyboard option.
- Tap on the ‘shift’ button.
- Next, tap on the ‘Power’ icon in the right corner and select the ‘Restart’ option.
- Now choose restart anyway.
- A screen with multiple options will appear. Select ‘Troubleshooting’ from the options.
- Select ‘Reset’ this PC.
- Choose an option: Keep my files or remove everything
- Once you select your preferred option, you will get another choice: Cloud download or local install.
- Now again choose your desired option: Just remove my files or fully clean the drive. (it may take longer 45 to 60 minutes)
- Confirm reset.
Important: Put your laptop on charging before starting this process. Microsoft Surface 3 won’t reset on battery power.
Power Cycle Microsoft Surface Go 3
Follow these quick steps to power cycle your surface laptop:
- Press and hold the lock/power button on the top of your device.
- Drag slide to shut down the pc option on your screen.
- Press and hold the lock/power button until the Go 3 laptop turns ON.
Alternately, you can power cycle your device by choosing start icon > power icon > shut down.
Reset The Network Setting On Your Device
If there is a connectivity issue on your device, you need to reset the network settings. Follow these easy steps:
- Click on the start icon on the home screen.
- Select the settings icon.
- From the network and internet tab, select the advanced network settings.
- Choose network reset and then select reset now.
- Click on yes to confirm.
Important: When resetting the network settings, it deletes all the previously saved security passcode, Wi-Fi networks, data network settings, Bluetooth connections, etc.
How to Restart Windows Surface 3 Laptop
It is easy to restart your Microsoft Surface device.
- Click on the start icon.
- Now select power
- Then select restart
Important: If your laptop is not responding, press and hold the lock/power button for 10 to 15 seconds. The device will reboot.
If your Microsoft Surface Go 3 screen is frozen or stuck on the logo, you can also perform a reset to get rid of this issue.
How do I factory reset my Surface without logging in?
To factory reset your Surface without logging in, you will need a built-in keyboard. Click on the Ease of Access icon in the left corner and select the power icon. Now, press the shift key and click on restart. Then select restart anyway if the option appears. Once it restarts, select Troubleshoot on the new screen. Choose reset your PC and then follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I force restart my Surface 3 laptop?
To force restart the Surface 3 laptop, press and hold the power button and volume down button simultaneously for about 15 seconds (until the screen turns off) and then release them. Wait for 10 seconds after releasing the buttons. Now press the power button again to turn on your Surface device. The Surface logo will appear on the screen.
What do you do if your Microsoft Surface 3 won’t turn on?
If your Microsoft Surface 3 won’t turn on, try force restarting it by pressing the power button for 30 seconds. If still, it is not turning on, disconnect all the external accessories connected to it. Make sure your device is charged. Try to turn it on again. Try the keyboard shortcut Windows+Ctrl+Shift to turn it on.
Resetting the device to default settings is easy. Remember, when you do a hard reset, it erases all the data (documents, apps, images, videos, etc.) on your device, so it is vital to keep a backup. We hope our quick guide will help you reset your surface 3 laptop. When you reset your device, it is as new as a recently purchased device and runs faster. If you face any other issue and cannot resolve it, contact the Microsoft Windows Support team. If you found our blog helpful, then let us know in the comments section below.