If you are thinking you can’t get Disney Plus on older Samsung TV, let me tell you it is possible. Read on to learn, how to watch Disney+ on Samsung TV.
Disney+ is one of the most used streaming services nowadays! And not being able to access it just because your Samsung TV is a bit old doesn’t seem very fair either. Everyone wants to watch their favorite TV shows and movies on Disney Plus, but that doesn’t give anyone a solid reason to spend a handful of bucks on a brand new model of Samsung TV.
So, what can one do in such a situation? Get the application on the older TV. Is that possible? That’s what I will share in this guide! You may also like to learn how to stream Crunchyroll on Samsung TV or watch Netflix on old TVs.
Table of Contents
How To Get Disney Plus On Older Samsung TV [4 Tested Ways]
There are multiple ways to watch Disney+ on Samsung TV like using a firestick, Chromecast, Roku device, etc. We will discuss all possible methods that work on all Samsung TV models.
Stream Disney Plus On Samsung TV With Fire Stick
For everyone who owns a Samsung TV model older than 2016, it’s very much possible that you won’t be available to stream the Disney Plus app on your Samsung TV. But don’t worry because with the help of Fire Stick. Here’s what you need to do:
- Plugin the Fire Stick in the HDMI port of your Samsung TV and ensure that you have changed the source of the TV to the HDMI port with the Fire Stick.
- Ensure that your TV has a good internet connection.
- Now you need to press the “Home” button on your Fire TV remote.
- Next, click on the “search bar” with the “Magnifying Glass” icon and type in Disney Plus in it.
- When the search results appear, select Disney Plus and launch the app.
Fire Stick/TV has Disney+ and some other streaming devices already installed on it. This means you only need to find and launch the app after plugging in the Fire TV or Stick and enjoy your favorite show or movie.
Download Disney Plus On Older Samsung Smart TV With Roku Device
The Disney Plus app is also available on the Roku Channels library. Here’s what you can do to get Disney+ on your older Samsung Smart TV with the help of a Roku device:
- Power on the Roku streaming stick.
- Open the left column menu on your Samsung TV, and click on the “Streaming Channels” option.
- Now, select the “Search Channels” option and type “Disney plus” in that search box.
- In the search results, click on the Disney+ app and then click on the “Add Channel” option.
- Now, you need to go back to the home screen, and you’ll see the app there. Simply log in using the right credentials and enjoy.
Watch Disney Plus On Older Samsung TV With Chromecast
Instead of using streaming devices, you can also use Chromecast to cast the app on your TV screen using your Android or IOS devices. Here’s how to do it:
- Get a Chromecast device and plug it into the HDMI port of your Samsung TV.
- Now power on the TV and your smartphone as well.
- Install, launch and log in to the Disney+ app on your phone.
- Select any movie or series you want to watch and play it.
- After playing, you need to tap the Chromecast symbol.
- Your phone will scan for devices, and you need to select your TV as the streaming device.
- The video you played on your phone will start playing on your Samsung Smart TV within a few seconds.
Use PS4 or PS5 to Get Disney Plus On Older Samsung TVs
If you own a PS4 or 5, you don’t need to follow any of the above-mentioned methods because you can add Disney+ to your PlayStation. Here’s what you need to do:
- Ensure that your PlayStation is connected to your Samsung TV.
- Now, go to the PlayStation Store and type “Disney Plus” in the search bar.
- Next, you need to select the Disney+ app from the search results and click on the “Download” option.
- Once the Disney+ app has been downloaded, you simply need to log in, and that’s all you need to do to watch Disney Plus on your Samsung TV.
Is Disney plus compatible with my Samsung TV?
Right now, Disney Plus is available for almost all the Samsung Smart TV models manufactured after 2016. If you have an older model that was manufactured before 2016, you will need one of the above-mentioned methods in order to watch Disney Plus on your Samsung TV.
Why is Disney plus not working on my Samsung TV?
If you have a brand new Samsung Smart TV and the app still doesn’t work on it, there can be two main reasons behind this issue. Either the streaming service isn’t available in your region, or you need to clear the app’s cache.
For the first problem, you can try using VPN, but we can’t be sure if it would work. However, to clear Samsung TV cache follow this sequence: Close the app > Press Home button > Settings > Apps > System Apps > Disney+ > Clear Cache > OK. Hopefully, the app will start working just fine after this.
If the issue still remains then you need to reset your Samsung TV.
How much does Disney Plus cost?
Disney+ offers an ad-free experience for 8 dollars per month, while you can get an annual subscription for only 80 dollars. You can also make a bundle of Disney+, ESPN, and Hulu by paying 14 dollars a month.
It’s believed that Disney+ will introduce a cheaper plan that’ll allow the consumers to use the streaming service with ads.
With these easy methods, you will be able to use your Disney+ subscription to the fullest, even if the TV you have is a bit older. We hope that this guide on watching Disney Plus on Samsung TV would’ve been helpful for you. If you face any trouble in streaming Disney+ on your non-smart TV feel free to post your query in the comments section.